Would you join the army?

would you join the army?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. would you join the army?

get a life, and get real. better still join up and learn the army and the others role is defense. killing is the last resort. wake up.

If the army didn't kill people, or threaten to kill people, how effective do you think they'd be at defense?

The fact remains that soldiers are paid to kill people and threaten to kill people, that is their primary and most important function, the one that all others stem from.

Why does me acknowledging that fact make you so angry? I'm not saying we shouldn't have an army, I just think its childish and naive to pretend that they're job description is not a violent one. Especially saying that killing is an 'occupational hazard'. I honestly did think you were joking a little bit when you said that it is absolutely ridiculous.

If the army didn't kill people, or threaten to kill people, how effective do you think they'd be at defense?

The fact remains that soldiers are paid to kill people and threaten to kill people, that is their primary and most important function, the one that all others stem from.

Why does me acknowledging that fact make you so angry? I'm not saying we shouldn't have an army, I just think its childish and naive to pretend that they're job description is not a violent one. Especially saying that killing is an 'occupational hazard'. I honestly did think you were joking a little bit when you said that it is absolutely ridiculous.

killing is a hazard of the job, for one its hard to do without getting killed. the armys role is defense, the army our army only kills in defense.

Newboy,

Market expansion drives the military machine all over the world. Not moral principle. Soldiers kill for the dollar.

The enemy within - kudos! - in terms of threats to humanity I wonder if the charms of our global corporations might not be the enemy within we should worry about?

killing is a hazard of the job, for one its hard to do without getting killed. the armys role is defense, the army our army only kills in defense.

I would ask if you were joking again but I know better now. Wow, seriously. :(

Do you read any newspapers? have you ever learned any British history?

On current evidence I'm going to have to assume the answer to both questions is 'no'. The education system has truly failed you.

I would ask if you were joking again but I know better now. Wow, seriously. :(

Do you read any newspapers? have you ever learned any British history?

On current evidence I'm going to have to assume the answer to both questions is 'no'. The education system has truly failed you.

Are you aware of the yellow card that was issued to all soldiers in N. Ireland.

It clearly detailed the occasions when you were legally allowed to open fire and those occasions were when your or others lives were being put in mortal danger.

Are you aware of the yellow card that was issued to all soldiers in N. Ireland.

It clearly detailed the occasions when you were legally allowed to open fire and those occasions were when your or others lives were being put in mortal danger.

Does that somehow magically change the fact that they get things done by killing people and threatening to kill people?

This is the third time today you've made a strawman with which to attack me, in the interests of a healthy discussion, please try in future to argue against what I've written instead of other things that I haven't said.

Archived