Would you join the army?

would you join the army?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. would you join the army?

To join the army, no matter what role, I would have to trust the incumbent government 100% in that their foreign policy is based truly on humanitarian and sustainable principles.

Either that or I'd have to lose every ounce of cynicism I have and believe the rhetoric and propaganda that currently passes as justification for war.

I voted no.

It takes a special kind of person to be successful in the forces and I`m simply not one of those people. I wouldnt be good enough by a long chalk.

It takes guts, courage and intelligence and those are three characteristics I dont posess.

not trying to stereotype here but the 3 people i know who joined the army were not very smart to be kind.

everyone has a skills set, maybe in your world the individuals you talk about would be found wanting, and in the army you would be the one found wanting? i can not spell very well, but i am a paramedic. a sill that ook years to develope and is used 90% of the time to deal with utter scumbgs high on drugs. im sick of treating such filthy animals. at least in the army ill be helping people who have a positive use in this world.

everyone has a skills set, maybe in your world the individuals you talk about would be found wanting, and in the army you would be the one found wanting? i can not spell very well, but i am a paramedic. a sill that ook years to develope and is used 90% of the time to deal with utter scumbgs high on drugs. im sick of treating such filthy animals. at least in the army ill be helping people who have a positive use in this world.

With your present skills and age I would advise you to join the Royal Army Medical Corps.

There are different sections of the army for people with different qualifications and abilities.

You do not get shouted at all the time, and when you do it is to train you to react instinctively in dangerouse situations.

Whether you join or not is entirely up to you.

Quite a bit of talk about people joining up not being too bright....

Do we judge someone by their qualifications then? Does intelligence make the man?

It doesnt matter how clever or dense someone is, its whats in the heart, and you can be the most intelligent, best educated person on the planet but that doesnt make an apeth of difference if youre a wretch inside.

Archived