Would you join the army?

would you join the army?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. would you join the army?

That's an outrageous comment:rant:

The majority of the British public would rather see our troops using the best equipment available,and pay for it.But the government would rather buy themselves duckhouses and line their own pockets.

really? who votes for the mp's. british soldiers have always got the job done on a shoe string. why? because the general public ignore at best the armys kit needs. helicopters. we need 4 air mobile battalions. with dedicated helicopters. its pathetic that we have to go cap in hand to the yanks. until the junior ranks have a voice very little will improve.

It is widely believed that the Warrenpoint bombing was a revenge attack for Bloody Sunday rather than just another attack on the security forces as 16 of the dead were from the Second Battalion of the Paras.

John X

the pira wanted war, thats what they got. they wanted paying off to end the war, thats what they got.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Banner

There's no way I would join and put my life on the line for this bunch of pigme politicians who would happilly send me to some pointless conflict half way around the world. They wouldn't allow their own children to serve in such circumstances, and that goes for American Senators as well, but they treat working class lads as white trash cannon fodder.

My views would only change if we were under some immediate threat of a land invasion of the UK or other European nation by some outside military force.

There's no way I would join and put my life on the line for this bunch of pigme politicians who would happilly send me to some pointless conflict half way around the world. They wouldn't allow their own children to serve in such circumstances, and that goes for American Senators as well, but they treat working class lads as white trash cannon fodder.

My views would only change if we were under some immediate threat of a land invasion of the UK or other European nation by some outside military force.

you make some valid points, however why isit we in this uk are not under immediate or longer term threat of land invasion? could it be as i think, due to having an army/armed force that will get the job regardless?

why isit we in this uk are not under immediate or longer term threat of land invasion? could it be as i think, due to having an army/armed force that will get the job regardless?

No, it is because of the political and economic framework set up in the wake of World War 2.

John X

Archived