Would you join the army?

would you join the army?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. would you join the army?

im to old anyway but i voted no im full of admiration to all soldiers past and present for their duty to their country.i dont ever think well ever see world wide peace.man is capable of so many wonderfull things.do you ever think we will achieve world peace,im thinking of all the young people that gave their young lives up. surely there must be another way.why couldent the leaders of each country give their lives up for a change instead of young innocents.

Yes, and we're not bringing our troops home in bodybags anymore.

Just as well, because I'm tired of Sheffield city centre being blocked off because some selfish soldier got shot and wants his funeral to be at Sheffield Cathedral.

still makes my blood boil, thinking this individual shares the same city as me.

im about to join the army im 33 and have always wanted the adventure.

would you join ??

im not joining the infantry.

Sorry pal but you are a year too old to join. The max age is 32 to join up.

I was in the RN and loved every minute of it. I only came out to be a full time father rather than a part time one.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ To my above post. I am sorry its just been raised from 32 to 33. I am very sorry.

You will love it providing you dont have kids or a wife other wise you spend your time missing them.

Good luck with it all mate and remember, the basic training is not the real Army it starts when you get to your regiment.

A BIG salute to you !!!!!

Look carefully at what you are joining, infantry, armour or a corps. As an older person I would recommend joining a corps with a view to becoming a tradesman.

WTF are you talking about....

RAC, Royal armoured corps....that mean nothing to you?

Sorry pal but you are a year too old to join. The max age is 32 to join up.

I was in the RN and loved every minute of it. I only came out to be a full time father rather than a part time one.

I thought it was 28, or at least it is to join the infantry.

still makes my blood boil, thinking this individual shares the same city as me.

Ditto. Glad my son can't get to read this at the mo, since he's in Afganistan. Nice to know there's plenty of support for them at home, regardless of the reasons for him being there.

However, since getting angry with the retards on here results in a ban, i'll keep my opinions to myself.

So here's to Z battery, Royal Artillery

WTF are you talking about....

RAC, Royal armoured corps....that mean nothing to you?

Ok then teeth arm or supporting arm, sorry if you misunderstood my meaning.

I was referring to actual corps as opposed to armourered regiments under the umbrella of a collective corps title.

Archived