Would you join the army?

would you join the army?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. would you join the army?

Quite a bit of talk about people joining up not being too bright....

Do we judge someone by their qualifications then? Does intelligence make the man?

It doesnt matter how clever or dense someone is, its whats in the heart, and you can be the most intelligent, best educated person on the planet but that doesnt make an apeth of difference if youre a wretch inside.

Qualifications are needed to train for certain tades. When I joined I only had 2 GCEs but was given the opportunity to study and gain qualifications,

not only in military skils but also to pass the army certificate of education which opened doors for me to learn a trade.

The army is a massively diverse organisation which offers many opportunities but is not suitable for all people. That is why anyone thinking of joining needs to make up their own mind or talk to serving soldiers. One must always remember though that death and injuries are more likely to happen than in most other walks of life.

I wouldn't join an army to fight for this country unless another WW1 or WW2 happened. Iraq was just a war fronted by either incorrect intelligence, sham or lie. The fact that they still haven't found any WMD's quite annoys me that the war was political and fought for another reason which was hid from the greater public. And for that reason alone....NO.

I wouldn't join an army to fight for this country unless another WW1 or WW2 happened. Iraq was just a war fronted by either incorrect intelligence, sham or lie. The fact that they still haven't any WMD's quite annoys me that they war was political and fought for another reason which was hid from the greater public. And for that reason alone....NO.

We all know we can trust the government (whichever country we're in) to be completely honest with us, the populus, to tell us the truth about why we're at war, and not just spoon feed us with something more palatable, so we won't kick up a fuss.

Nope, no siree, that would never happen, not in this day and age.

We all know we can trust the government (whichever country we're in) to be completely honest with us, the populus, to tell us the truth about why we're at war, and not just spoon feed us with something more palatable, so we won't kick up a fuss.

Nope, no siree, that would never happen, not in this day and age.

What you mean they don't tell us the whole truth & bigger picture? It's an outrage if what you are implying is true! :hihi::hihi:

Does that say something about the Army, or does it say something about you?

Like I said am not trying to stereotype, but it doesn't say anything about me or the army.

I was simply commenting on the 3 individuals i know who joined the army, I do apologize if you took offence.

I joined the navy, so I don't qualify. But I wouldn't like to be fighting anywhere or for any reason or any service, navy, army, or air force wirh people like you lot by my side.

Archived