Would you join the army?

would you join the army?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. would you join the army?

You have a choice these days. My generation had no choice. We were called up for National Service. I didn't mind anyway as I was bored to death with everyday life back then.

Two years didn't do me any harm either. I didn't need mommy to make my bed or iron my clothes or nag me about wearing dirty shoes anymore

They ought to bring it back

i voted no, because im too much of a whimp and i always class fighting as a man thing, not that i dont have the upmost respect for all the men and WOMEN out there in the army because i do in bucket loads, but i will say one thing, all these "chavs" thieving cars, on the dole, druggys, havent worked a day in thier chavvy little lives because they would rather mug an old lady for a fiver, dont mess about with prison where they get tv, internet and nice warm cosy rooms, instead... pack em all up fly em all out to iraq and be made to fight for queen and country, that way our streets will be safe and our country will be full of good honest hard working people.

You have a choice these days. My generation had no choice. We were called up for National Service. I didn't mind anyway as I was bored to death with everyday life back then.

Two years didn't do me any harm either. I didn't need mommy to make my bed or iron my clothes or nag me about wearing dirty shoes anymore

I take it that you are now married then ?

Sorry I could not resist that invitation.

I've clicked no. However, I think it depends on the position. If it was to fight out in Afghanistan or somewhere like that, the answer would remain no, however if it was an area of the army that does something else like IT or Engineering I may consider it. Although I admit I am a coward and anyone that does join the army in my eyes deserves a huge amount of respect.

Plenty of R.E.M.E personnel are getting killed in Afghanistan,just imagine joining as an engineer and being "volunteered" for bomb disposal.

That is a poor reason for joining the army.Go in a recruiting office and say I want to join up but don't want to fight,you'll be fine .

how old are you, harleyman? just out of interest?

Archived