O2 Home Phone Reviews..

Hiya i've been with O2 Broadband for like nearly 3 years and always been happy with everything from them! even my Mobile, but I have just Registed for the O2 Home Phone & got 3 Months FREE of my Broadband with it... and love that the Free calls on the Evening & Weekends start after 6pm on BT they changed to after 7pm...

Just wanting to know, Anyone else on O2 Home Phone? and what do you rate it? Any good?

Ok News Update, Just found out a Friend of mine told me his Mum has just gone on to O2 Home Phone, says theres no difference just cheaper than BT! shes had no problems at all with it... and the 1571 services instead of it saying "BT Answer 1571" it says "O2 Answer 1571" thats the only difference :) Mine is setup on 28th July :) Goodbye BT lol

Btw BT goes up 50p in October for Line Rental, im sure the other networks will go up abit too, but BT charge too much...

I think we will be switching to o2 when our current contract ends with BT.

We only went back to BT about 18 months ago because their package was better then what we had. I hadn't realised (or just forgot) we were contracted though so come last december we found ourselves automatically being signed up for another year!!

I'll be ready for them come this December though.

I don't like the way that we were led into a contract to begin with. I honestly didn't realise that we were. It was all done over the phone after being rung by one of their sales people. Even so, I accept that we fell for that one but I most strongly object to how they automatically renew their contracts without first reminding the customer that they have the option not to renew.

I also object strongly as to how they have shifted the goalposts to suit themselves!

Our contract provided free evening and weekend calls. The free evening calls started at 6pm till whatever time am. They changed this to 7pm despite our contract saying 6pm. We weren't given the option to refuse this so as far as I'm concerned they have broken contract with us.

As I said though.......I will be ready for them this coming december. Their penalty will be the loss of our custom.

I would actually go with any company that doesn't use this contractual crap.

If I'm not happy with any service provider then I would like the option to leave them as and when I choose. If they then offer me a bonus to stop with them thats good. BUT.....I should still be able to leave whenever I choose.

Thats how it used to work anyhow. There's far too much of this contract stuff happening these days.

I honestly lose track of who we are contracted to or for how long or when it's due to run out etc. It makes me dizzy!

All I want is for a decent service for a reasonable cost without being tied in for a year or more! :confused:

Well just been told, on O2 Home Phone the costs to Directory Enquiries is a really eye opening Price (Expensive). But to be honest I don't use Directory Enquiries, if i need to find a phone number I use Google for it. We have 2 phone lines, my mums line is on BT Anytime, so I still have the use of 0870 & 0845 numbers just by using her phone, and if I ever wanna call someone on my phone which is very rare really, I can just pick phone up in my room for a evening or weekend call. Plus the bonus is its now back to 6pm for me when O2 is setup 28th July, this Wednesday.

As your reply about Contracts, I know what you mean I think its wrong about the Contract Renewing every year! But I get a letter from BT reminding me about the Evening & Weekends I get and its ready to end contract if I want to stop services with them call them before the Contract runs out to cancel, but i've been told if you just wanna move on, Move on, You can move on within the contract like I did with O2 I've ended up paying £3.40 for my month I wont be with O2. But it also says in the letter if you wanna continue with the service from BT, just sit and do nothing, nothing will be changed! but when I called BT to tell em I was thinkin of going to O2 they offerd me the service for £9.79 for 12 months, which is gr8 and cheaper than O2 with the Bolt ons, on ive added for extra bit of money. as caller id is £1.75 and O2 Answer phone 1571 is £1.00 a month. But I thought the bonus is BT can't give me calls after 6pm anymore, O2 can, and plus BT wont give me 3 months of FREE Broadband, O2 can, so this is why I chose O2 they were giving me a better deal!

Good luck to whatever you chose, but I agree with you, its rubbish! these companys have got you Tied up!

Archived