Living with an alcoholic

One thing apparent to me Dolz is that your self esteem is in the bargain basement, it's bloody hard to motivate yourself to do the right thing when you're so low.

I haven't read the whole thread, but do you have any family or friends you could rely on, or have you seen your GP for some help with the emotional stuff. Hope you get sorted out soon.

Just to lighten the tone, I twice read the thread title as 'Living with a Catholic'..and I'm stone cold sober ;)

i no,he thinks he can get away wiyh anything,he got a speeding fine the other week,he wanted me to lie saying i was driving ,i refused an said i would send for the photogrph evidence,you can imagine what i got next,i think the police should take responsibility for him ,as he says hes like he is cos of what he went threw as a policeman,but in my eyes its easy to blame everybody else for his actions aspeacially against me

This will be correct, he has probably seen some bad <removed> and now is struggeling with the consiquences.

The problem is hes got to realise this for himself and if hes in denial,hes not likely to and it sounds like you are in danger.

I know a police officer (ex)who is an alcoholic because of something he had seen, but hes lovely with it, just cant cope with the effects, I know a police officer(retired) who is not an alcoholic, but a violent bully towards his own blood he was high ranking and no doubt a highly respected man......behind closed doors its a different matter and the police know this, he would be investigated the same as any other person regardless of his past with them ring them and have him sorted out before he does you some damage, Its a shame such jobs have such consiquences for some of them, but its nothing new, your certainly not alone, I hope you escape him

I totally agree with JB,you need to leave this enviroment as soon as possible,you must put your safety and well being first,His alcohol problem might be medical,but his abusive behaviour is not,keep contacting the relevant authorities until they take action,And as JB says whatever he does to himself that is his choice and you have nothing to blame yourself for. You are not alone and l and many many others are here to help and support you as much as we can.Take care Dolz

thanx for that,i rang the doctors this morning to speak to his gp,they told me he wasnt registared there,an could do nothing ,the police should do somthing,ive tryed every avenue to get him help.

This will be correct, he has probably seen some bad <removed> and now is struggeling with the consiquences.

The problem is hes got to realise this for himself and if hes in denial,hes not likely to and it sounds like you are in danger.

I know a police officer (ex)who is an alcoholic because of something he had seen, but hes lovely with it, just cant cope with the effects, I know a police officer(retired) who is not an alcoholic, but a violent bully towards his own blood he was high ranking and no doubt a highly respected man......behind closed doors its a different matter and the police know this, he would be investigated the same as any other person regardless of his past with them ring them and have him sorted out before he does you some damage, Its a shame such jobs have such consiquences for some of them, but its nothing new, your certainly not alone, I hope you escape him

im sure i will ,im pulling out all the stops and actually found more help on this forum,he s a very clever man who manipulates people,he is so nice to evryones face,but so evil to me,i pity him and the rest of people who cant handle problems the correct way,he does need help, but ive tryed everything and got nowere,he also keeps saying he will set me up for a crime,cos he still has friends in the force and can do that,i no he can cos the storys hes told me of how theyve got convictions in the past is frightening,i always say its not justice then and he replies well iff we hadnt got then set up on somthing they will have committed other crimes which they got away with, so thats how he justifys his actions,so i believe him wen he says he could fit me up,so thays another concern i have,although my close friend s and family are aware of this cos iv told them,that iff it came to it they they have seen the tx messages hes wrote saying just that,and also no that im akind honest hard working person.hes the one committing the crimes everyday abusing me with his alcohol fulleld rages.thanx agen for you concern

And delete the history off your computer/laptop - if hes that controlling he'll be checking up on you day after day - if youve got windows 7 browse in private windows :) xx

i use the work computor ,wen im on the forum,cos i wouldnt risk it at home thanx

Keep a diary of EVERYTHING he says and does to you. Leave. Don't listen to a single word he says. However he chooses to respond is NOT going to be your fault. Wishing you the best of luck, but just get out of there, before it is too late to do so.

Keep a diary of EVERYTHING he says and does to you.

Keep all of the text messages saved on your phone too.

If the police don't seem to be taking notice, walk into your nearest police station and say you want to speak to someone about it.

Keep a diary of EVERYTHING he says and does to you. Leave. Don't listen to a single word he says. However he chooses to respond is NOT going to be your fault. Wishing you the best of luck, but just get out of there, before it is too late to do so.

thanx, iv e been doing that,i even have recordings on my voice recorder on iphone saved of him attacking me,ive emailed them to a secret email add,so they re safe,im just really angry and frustrated that ,off all my efforts to get out ,i still havent found anywere,my sanity has been work and my two little dogs,everynight i drive home feeling sick,not knowing what im going to face,i can only hang on to the fact something will turn up iff i look hard enough,so im trying every which way i no to find a house,i never realised it would be so hard ,just to rent a house

Archived