What do you plan to do on the day after your wedding day?

... what are people planning for the day AFTER their wedding day?

Obviosuly some couples will be heading straight off on honeymoon but we wont be going on ours until a couple of days after our wedding, so... do we spend the day after just on our own, enjoying our first full day of marriage together? Do we make the most of the fact that family & friends may still be around so see them? Do we plan a big family meal say with parents and the new in-laws? Or will we be so tired we'll just want to sleep??!!

I just dont want it to be an anti-climax after what will be an amazing wedding day!!

lol i am thinking the same thing..we are not having a honeymoon but want the next couple of days after the wedding to be special. I think we will be getting a hotel for couple of days for some time alone, i think i will need it after all that fuss!

I've been to a wedding recently that went into the next day. Breakfast was scheduled for 10am so everyone got a sleep in.

Maybe you could arrange an activity for everyone to do the next day like go to a local attraction like Chatsworth House. You can spend the day with all the family and in laws seeing they will all be in town.

• 1 month later...

We got married on a Friday, and didn't go on honeymoon until the Sunday. We spent Saturday collecting our holiday money, and saying goodbye to the kids who were going to their grandparents for the week.

We also spent the evening calling for an emergency plumber as our bathroom floor started to leak....but thats another story :hihi:

• 1 month later...

Mum and dad have invited the family round to their house the day after my wedding, She is putting on Cheese and biscuits and we are all going to share our photo's and I'm sure disect the day minute by minute lol.

Archived