What do you plan to do on the day after your wedding day?

We had breakfast in the hotel, then went swimming in the hotel with our kids and then got ready and had a drink in the hotel with some family who had stayed over and then we went home and all fell asleep for about 3 hours, was soooo tired after the big day, was like jet lag!

We had our wedding in a hotel where most of our guests stayed, so we arranged for our guests to have breakfast in a private dining room (just so they could all be together before saying goodbye to each other), relaxed in the hotel opening cards (most presents were John Lewis gift list to save us having to figure out how to get them home!), and waved our guests off

The day after we took our dog mountain walking :)

We were up at 4.30am (20 minutes after the last guests went to bed!) to get to the airport for our honeymoon, but my sister and brother in law stayed overnight in the hotel with all of the guests and then after a long and lazy breakfast led the guests on a 7 mile walk in the Peak District.

• 2 weeks later...

My oldest friend's wedding went on to the wee hours of the morning, the bride and groom stayed in a hotel on the wedding night, but they weren't off on honeymoon for a couple of days after, so the next day they reserved a few tables in a country pub and had a bit of an indulgent lunch and a hair of the dog or two with any guests/family that were still about. People drifted in and out over a few hours and some ate and then went for a walk, some just read the papers and felt fragile and some carried the party on. It was a lovely gentle day :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think going to a hotel for a night would be good to keep it special before the honeymoon, our honeymoon is two days after our wedding and I know what you mean about going home and it being an anti-climax! Think we will book a hotel near the airport but somewhere where there are things to do and just look forward to the honeymoon!

Archived