Just for one day lets celebrate our faith

Prove me wrong, my young friend, for I am correct here.

Cosmologists, pardon the pun, are as much in the dark as you are.

I am rarely wrong, and as much will be proved by the passage of time.

You are so busy denying the existence of a God that has no idea that you even exist, that you are missing facts screaming you in the face.

Not even the most brilliant man in the world can even begin to explain the behaviour of the electron causing (for instance) your VDU to light up.

Because everytime we try to chase it, it avoids us.

If we could capture its moods, then we could be creators also.

As the Yanks say, Go Figure. ;)

In other words; you can't justify any of the statements you've made. You have no evidence for your beliefs and you can't even offer any logical arguments.

Nice post yourself too. Someone once said God doesn't give you anything you can't handle. Whether thats true or not but when the chips were down after my wife died and when i contracted cancer ten years ago I somehow got over it. I married again, inheriting Auntie Kate, a super old lady from Ireland who became a great friend. After she died at 94, my wife said that I now had a guardian angel, and somethings almost make me believe. I have never been sure, but I lack the arrogance of those who seemingly hate anyone who is faithful. They may be right, but I wouldn't like to be in their shoes if they're not.

Strong words there to throw around on a discussion forum, where people with different ideas disagree. Even enjoy to disagree.

With respect to arrogance I refer you to the superior certainty of artisan's posts, in comparison with the requests for evidence by the agnostic EbonyBranch.

And hatred for anyone who is faithful, I refer you to most of the violence currently being inflicted on people of faith in the world, almost without exception by other people of faith.

:huh:

"I am a self-proclaimed math atheist. You can be too. Simply deny the existence of math.

Lets think about it logically: What is math? A universally accepted form of symbolic language meant to explain the physical world around us. It's like a religion. And therefore, I can deny it.

Math? What's that?

You've done this before on occasion, you must be American.

There are many different faiths around the world and many differing opinions on which one is the right one. But just for one day on one thread lets all share our faiths. Not to see which is the right one or the wrong one but just say what it is that makes your faith special to you.

My faith means im never alone. God is always thrre guiding me down the path of life to the day i can rid myself of these mortal shackles and be one with him.

He gives me strength on the days i have none of my own and courage on days mine is lacking.

Share your faith with us all.

Peace and love to you :)

What if I don't have any faith?

In other words; you can't justify any of the statements you've made. You have no evidence for your beliefs and you can't even offer any logical arguments.

Mine are not beliefs, yours are beliefs.

I am certain in the facts I have put down, they are not beliefs, they are certainties.

You are the one clinging to his misguided beliefs.

You are are of the belief that non of the truths that I have put before you are correct.

You are sadly mistaken.

I am 60 years old, and was taught these things at school, as you should have been.

I dont need foreigners to teach me about physics. Before you mention Rutherford, NZ was not independent then.

You were taught at school that a male god created the universe from nothing? You think that science hasn't progressed in the 50 odd years since you were at school? You don't understand the basic principle that the burden of proof falls on the person making the assertion? And you call me a simpleton!?

I don't understand the relevance of your comment about foreigners; it seems to be a non sequitor remark.

Archived