Just for one day lets celebrate our faith

Mine are not beliefs, yours are beliefs.

I am certain in the facts I have put down, they are not beliefs, they are certainties.

You are the one clinging to his misguided beliefs.

You are are of the belief that non of the truths that I have put before you are correct.

You are sadly mistaken.

Where have I laid out my beliefs (misguided or otherwise) in this thread? You seem to make a habit of blithely making claims that you cannot substantiate.

You were taught at school that a male god created the universe from nothing? You think that science hasn't progressed in the 50 odd years since you were at school? You don't understand the basic principle that the burden of proof falls on the person making the assertion? And you call me a simpleton!?

I don't understand the relevance of your comment about foreigners; it seems to be a non sequitor remark.

You seem to be making things up on the bomb here.

Where did this male god come from?

Of course science has progressed since I was at school.

Do you think I have being doing nothing?

I am one of the people that are telling what you should know, lad.

It is men like me that have been pushing on and creating the things that you take for commonplace today.

If you had an ounce of education you could do the same.

But unfortunately, since 1979, only the elite have had the chance of education, so the likes of yourself have fallen by the wayside. :D

I wondered how long it would take for somebody to slag America, twerp

That was no slag of America. I would never dream of insulting the country of Franklin and Jefferson. Delve into my posts and you will find me robustly defending the USA.

Your comment however was a personal insult, that I had a good mind to report and have removed. Leaving it however says more about you than it does me.

:partyhat:

Strong words there to throw around on a discussion forum, where people with different ideas disagree. Even enjoy to disagree.

With respect to arrogance I refer you to the superior certainty of artisan's posts, in comparison with the requests for evidence by the agnostic EbonyBranch.

And hatred for anyone who is faithful, I refer you to most of the violence currently being inflicted on people of faith in the world, almost without exception by other people of faith.

:huh:

Them theists have so much certainty sans a shred of proof and they call us freethinkers arrogant! If people don't take notice of my (lack of) faith, I'm going to go to church and heckle.

I'm atheist. I have faith in myself and can rely on me to always be there.

You seem happy with your faith and thats all i want people to be.

No matter which faith they choose to follow :)

Peace and love to you :)

Mine are not beliefs, yours are beliefs.

I am certain in the facts I have put down, they are not beliefs, they are certainties.

You are the one clinging to his misguided beliefs.

You are are of the belief that non of the truths that I have put before you are correct.

You are sadly mistaken.

You too can be like Grahame! I have no idea why you would want to be but it takes allsorts. I can't even be bothered to respond to you any more. You are a shade brighter than a black hole but all you espouse belongs in one.

You seem happy with your faith and thats all i want people to be.

No matter which faith they choose to follow :)

Peace and love to you :)

Why is faith such an issue? If advertisers put as much effort into marketing co-operation and environmental sustainability as they do convincing us that we need fast cars, trophy partners, bling, bottled water, iphones, property and guns, the world would be a better place.

I don't like religion but I don't like the values that are imposed upon us either.

Archived