Just for one day lets celebrate our faith

But s/he is an imaginary friend isn't s/he? Nobody's actually seen her/him, so s/he must be imagined (i.e. an image created by the mind). I don't think highlighting that simple fact is disrespectful.

I am not a person of faith but I do find it disrespectful. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this, piph.

I, personally, don't have a faith but I respect the right of others to believe what they want to believe.

I suspect this is not true, and you are intolerant of all sorts of beliefs to a certain extent. For example, if your neighbour firmly believed that they would be attacked by frogs with croquet mallets unless they played 'Born To Run' at full volume 24 hours a day, I expect you would suggest to them that their beliefs, not matter how firmly held, were a nonsense they should perhaps get over, regardless of how 'disrespectful' they found your request.

I suspect this is not true, and you are intolerant of all sorts of beliefs to a certain extent. For example, if your neighbour firmly believed that they would be attacked by frogs with croquet mallets unless they played 'Born To Run' at full volume 24 hours a day, I expect you would suggest to them that their beliefs, not matter how firmly held, were a nonsense they should perhaps get over, regardless of how 'disrespectful' they found your request.

i want this neighbour !!!!! i adore frogs and love that song :D

I thought the idea behind the thread was for everyone who does believe in a God to share what their faith means to them.....not for everyone who believes in nothing to come on and bash the faithful. That is what Jew Boy asked for anyway.

He should've done it on some private faith based forum then :P

Atheism ftw!:cool:

Archived