Is the country going down the pan (Nile Pan)?

Scientifically speaking, it is generally agreed that it is better to squat as it provides the correct angles etc for easier movement.

:hihi: I must remember to take a protractor into the lav next time I need a bowel movement, do a bit of trigonometry whilst I'm sat there.

no but there will be logs round the pan where people have missed!

I suppose it might be a problem if the 'user' had downed a few pints of Wards the night before ...;)

The shopping centre (using private money) will install whatever they feel will make them even more money. If they think that installing these new toilets will attract Asian shoppers then they'll do it.

How interesting. Are people really attracted to shopping centres by the toilets?

Doesn't say much for shopping centres in Rochdale.

The shopping centre (using private money) will install whatever they feel will make them even more money. If they think that installing these new toilets will attract Asian shoppers then they'll do it.

I don't really think many Asian people would want to use these toilets in Exchange Market if they had a choice between that and a proper toilet, would they?

Although I do see how it can be hygenic - no seats to share germs on, no flushers to collect germs etc. Still wouldn't go anywhere near it and I feel ever so sorry for the toilet attendant..

they cannot be hygenic can they? just think of all the crap that will get trodden round that shopping centre! I for one will NEVER go there! its like something out of the third world

These things are in common use here. Hygiene is not a problem. Your droppings don't spread around as you suggest (assuming you haven't got the screaming hab dabs).

However, out here they are being phased out as old fashioned. All new shopping centres, offices and so on are using Mr Crapper's design now.

These are now considered a 'poor people's' toilet as they don't require the expensive plumbing that is needed for a flush toilet.

I do believe this is just a local council with bloody daft ideas doing what they do worst.

Archived