Wasp Nest Problem

Hi, i have a wasps nest above my front door, i rang sanctuary and they told me i had to ring environmental health, so i did and now they want to charge me £50!! to remove it. i really cannot afford this, anyone got any advice.

cheers

Hi, i have a wasps nest above my front door, i rang sanctuary and they told me i had to ring environmental health, so i did and now they want to charge me £50!! to remove it. i really cannot afford this, anyone got any advice.

cheers

i dont think theres a way around to be honest. my neice had to pay when she had one in her loft space she rung the council and they charged her around the same i seem to remember.

You can buy a tin of wasp killer from Wilko, for about £3. Spray it around the nest during the late evening, when its cooler and the wasps are less active .. usually work withing 24 hours.

problem is i cant see the actual nest, they are getting in little holes in the little wodden shelter above my front door, from the amount flying in and out they must be upto something

i dont think theres a way around to be honest. my neice had to pay when she had one in her loft space she rung the council and they charged her around the same i seem to remember.

Yes, sometimes they are in difficult to reach places and you have to be careful getting up a ladder and spraying a nest. The council quoted my sister £35, but she does live in a council property.

problem is i cant see the actual nest, they are getting in little holes in the little wodden shelter above my front door, from the amount flying in and out they must be upto something

Spray the powder around / in the hole and it gets on the wasps as they come and go poisoning the nest in the process.

I don't think that matters, as the wasps pick up the poison on their wings and take it into the nest ...you just spray where they are flying in. Its worked for us a couple of times.

Archived