Cheap burials or cremations.

If you own it or have the owners permission, yes it's legal.

The grass verge is a much better idea. It's adopted highway and if the local authority gets sniffy about the stiff in the daffodils they will just get the water board to deal with it when they next dig up the pipes.

If you own it or have the owners permission, yes it's legal.

The grass verge is a much better idea. It's adopted highway and if the local authority gets sniffy about the stiff in the daffodils they will just get the water board to deal with it when they next dig up the pipes.

So, you are saying that it is legal to do that?

What about if I buried her in a wood, or forest. Is that legal?

As I said, only after a lot of legal hoops you would have to jump through. You would need permission of the owner (Crown Estates, Natural England, private owner etc.), which you're extremely unlikely to get, and it would also have to have no covenants preventing burial. You'd also have to dig a body sized hole at least 5 and a half feet deep, which if you've ever tried it, is very bloomin difficult!

As I said, only after a lot of legal hoops you would have to jump through. You would need permission of the owner (Crown Estates, Natural England, private owner etc.), which you're extremely unlikely to get, and it would also have to have no covenants preventing burial. You'd also have to dig a body sized hole at least 5 and a half feet deep, which if you've ever tried it, is very bloomin difficult!

So, the cheapest possible is £550 plus fuel costs.

So, the cheapest possible is £550 plus fuel costs.

Actually you do need to add about another £100 for a cardboard coffin on - a crematorium won't accept the body without. And if your car isn't big enough to fit said coffin, van hire.

Archived