Cheap burials or cremations.

Too tight for a set of kiddies armbands? Sky burials are popular in places where the ground is so hard that you can't dig a hole.

<snip>

Total cost, 89p including lunch and a snack to take home.

:hihi: Funniest thing I've read ALL day.

OK. I shall ask the question another way. If you had an eccentric Aunt who had charged you with the responsibility of arranging her funeral and INSTRUCTED you to keep the costs to a minimum, because she "does not wish to give them" any money, ( I am not really sure who they are), what would you do? She wishes me to show her the arrangements for her approval.:help:

OK. I shall ask the question another way. If you had an eccentric Aunt who had charged you with the responsibility of arranging her funeral and INSTRUCTED you to keep the costs to a minimum, because she "does not wish to give them" any money, ( I am not really sure who they are), what would you do? She wishes me to show her the arrangements for her approval.:help:

I've given all the help I could in previous posts, but I warned you in the second post.

Sorry Stonewaller. My grandmother had a council funeral. She'd had a newspaper cutting stored under a vase for over a year before she died and made sure we all knew where it was for 'when the time came'. It was a basic funeral which was all she wanted as she didn't want us spending money. It was still a lovely service at the local crematorium with a perfectly good coffin and hearse. We did buy a few flowers but made donations to a hospice who had helped her/us an awful lot instead.

These are what would be referred to as 'basic' funerals - I'm afraid I think it still cost in the region of £2,500-£3,000.

Remember, once she's gone, she cannot have any control over her funeral and the executor of her estate can draw the full cost of the funeral from her estate so it need cost nothing to anyone else. You can keep her happy for now, and then do as you wish once she has gone whether she approves or not :)

Sorry Stonewaller. My grandmother had a council funeral. She'd had a newspaper cutting stored under a vase for over a year before she died and made sure we all knew where it was for 'when the time came'. It was a basic funeral which was all she wanted as she didn't want us spending money. It was still a lovely service at the local crematorium with a perfectly good coffin and hearse. We did buy a few flowers but made donations to a hospice who had helped her/us an awful lot instead.

These are what would be referred to as 'basic' funerals - I'm afraid I think it still cost in the region of £2,500-£3,000.

Remember, once she's gone, she cannot have any control over her funeral and the executor of her estate can draw the full cost of the funeral from her estate so it need cost nothing to anyone else. You can keep her happy for now, and then do as you wish once she has gone whether she approves or not :)

You do not know my Aunt!

Know anybody who keeps pigs?

this refers to the film Snatch

It's rumoured that his favourite means of dispatch involves a stun gun... ... a plastic bag, a roll of tape and a pack of hungry pigs.

You're a ruthless little aunt (predictive text), Liam. I'll give you that.

But I got no time for grouses.

Feed him to the pigs, Errol.

both your post and the film made me laugh

Archived