Cheap burials or cremations.

Who knows, its comical but very true to life, plus, death is such a business would'nt it be nice to minimise costs, after all the dead don't care!

http://www.nhne.org/news/NewsArticlesArchive/tabid/400/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3848/language/en-US/The-Undertaking-Death-Through-The-Eyes-Of-A-Poet-Undertaker.aspx

"What I've written is that while the dead don't care, the dead matter," Lynch explains. "The dead matter to the living. In accompanying the dead, getting them where they need to go, we get where we need to be -- to the edge of that oblivion and then returned to life with the certain knowledge that life has changed."

OK. I shall ask the question another way. If you had an eccentric Aunt who had charged you with the responsibility of arranging her funeral and INSTRUCTED you to keep the costs to a minimum, because she "does not wish to give them" any money, ( I am not really sure who they are), what would you do? She wishes me to show her the arrangements for her approval.:help:

I had the same situation to deal with a few years ago. I did the cardboard coffin option with no other extras. Can't remember the exact cost but it all went very well although one member of staff at the crem. found it hard to accept why there was no service, mourners etc. They did however put the coffin on a pedestal for 10 mins so I could spend a few mins in reflection. In total, after the paperwork was paid for it just left the undertaker/coffin and cremation, just what the person wanted.

I was also told what type of people to sell the house to, but thought that may have been a joke so didn't do that.

The final request was telling me where to scatter the ashes. The problem was, the directions were so poor it took me 2 years to find the place.

But, the person involved was such a "Star" and someone who was on my top ten list of people I considered myself lucky to have known, I did it all happily.

I had the same situation to deal with a few years ago. I did the cardboard coffin option with no other extras. Can't remember the exact cost but it all went very well although one member of staff at the crem. found it hard to accept why there was no service, mourners etc. They did however put the coffin on a pedestal for 10 mins so I could spend a few mins in reflection. In total, after the paperwork was paid for it just left the undertaker/coffin and cremation, just what the person wanted.

I was also told what type of people to sell the house to, but thought that may have been a joke so didn't do that.

The final request was telling me where to scatter the ashes. The problem was, the directions were so poor it took me 2 years to find the place.

But, the person involved was such a "Star" and someone who was on my top ten list of people I considered myself lucky to have known, I did it all happily.

Sounds just like my aunt.:hihi:

What I am curious about is in cremations the polihes coffin is there with all the trimmings including the brass handles. Do they remove these metal objects prior to cremation and if so what happens to them

Actually once the curtain closes they could nick and resell the coffin. Who would know? The ashes that you get fit into a very small urn, seems suspicious to me.

What I am curious about is in cremations the polihes coffin is there with all the trimmings including the brass handles. Do they remove these metal objects prior to cremation and if so what happens to them

They're plastic.

Archived