Cheap burials or cremations.

you should be ashamed of your self..if i was going to burrow one of my loved ones. The cost wouldn't even be in the question?

I wouldn't worry either BUT I think you need to read the rest of the thread to get why he is asking the question

I know I shouldnt have but I found this thread so funny.I have a warped sense of humour.

I agree with having the cheapest funeral you can get, cardboard coffins and anything else to save money. My family can do what they like with me when I am gone,but there is one thing I must insist on that they have a good wake singing and dancing food and drink.

In fact I think I will have my wake before I go I don't want to miss anything.:hihi::banana:

I know I shouldnt have but I found this thread so funny.I have a warped sense of humour.

I agree with having the cheapest funeral you can get, cardboard coffins and anything else to save money. My family can do what they like with me when I am gone,but there is one thing I must insist on that they have a good wake singing and dancing food and drink.

In fact I think I will have my wake before I go I don't want to miss anything.:hihi::banana:

Cheap food and drink and a really crap band?

Burial at sea is cheap, no coffin needed and no ecological worries either. An hours fishing trip from Brid' can be had for £25.

If you really are struggling with the cost you can take a night fishing trip to the lake in Crookes Valley Park, pop kiddies armbands on the loved one, push them off into the middle then pop the armbands with an air rifle or Jockey Wilson Darts set as you give the eulogy.

That really made me giggle out loud :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

when we did my dads cremation last year it cost us just under £4000 i know it seems a lot but we got a hurst and 3 other cars booked a double slot in the church, a lovely coffin, we had big photos of him on easels in the church, we had flowers and after the service we had silver trays filled with jack daniels in little shot served out of the back of the cars for everyone to have one last drink on my dad :) then we had a nice wake after aswell. and lots of music played and all my brothers and sisters spoke a bit about dad and we got some little pamplet type things done up with photos of dad throughout his life and a little comments in there from his family and freinds.

but i know it can be done a lot lot cheaper than this but it suited my dads personality and thats whats important i think.

id speak to your aunt about the medical science thing tbh.

Not joking at all. In a cremation they usually use plastic handles which just combust and cause no problem. If they're metal they take them out (along with any other metal components such as hip replacements and other implants) when they remove the ashes, before placing the 'ashes' in the cremulator.

What's a cremulator? - Is that the machine which makes the white powder you put in coffee?

Archived