Cheap burials or cremations.

My body is donated to medical science as the then dispose of all the bits and pieces and can only keep any tissue samples they remove for a certain period of time before they too have to be disposed of.

I've had to fill in all the paperwork and they can refuse the body if I die of a blood related problem such as aids, I think there were other things as well that would make the body un-usable but at least assuming all goes top plan it'll give the medical students something to giggle over [nervous giggling of course)

OK. I shall ask the question another way. If you had an eccentric Aunt who had charged you with the responsibility of arranging her funeral and INSTRUCTED you to keep the costs to a minimum, because she "does not wish to give them" any money, ( I am not really sure who they are), what would you do? She wishes me to show her the arrangements for her approval.:help:

its a lot of hassle doing it your self - why not aproach a couple of undertakers and see what they say -

realisticaly doing it yourself its going to be at least £700 for cremation fees, cheap coffin, Dr certificates ect - and you could take the body to the cremotorium yourself ( in a coffin of course) and not have a service or have a private service after at her home, city rd cremotorium could advise you on this and i am sure will tell you what you need to do .

good luck

Many dead bodies are preserved to be used in some murders cases, to prove entry wounds ect, saw a documentary on it, the courts will call up this guy that keeps dead bodies on hand just for this purpose , dummies don't work as well they have any innards, do they :)

Heard someone on Radio Sheffield the other day talking about their mums funeral. They had a white ,cardboard coffin and handed out felt tip pens at the service so everyone could write a final message to the deceased on it. The son in law said he was going to write "This way up"!That aside, I thought this was a really nice idea .Also, its a good job the OP Auntie isnt Chinese like my In -laws because it costs a small fortune at their funerals. As the mourners leave the service they are handed small, white envelopes containing money and sweets. Money( usually 20p ,but have been to one when it was £1) for good fortune and the sweets to take away the bitter sorrow of loss.

Seems to be something out Outerbridge way (can't spell it and apologies) where the burial is cheap and a tree of your choice is planted on top of the grave. Basically you feed a tree. Not bad, better than feeding an undertaker's company.

A woodland burial I think. This is what I want - a wicker basket coffin and a tree planted over me. Feed the tree rather than polluting the atmosphere ! All that talk of burning and having your bones grounded down doesn't appeal...........:shocked:

A woodland burial I think. This is what I want - a wicker basket coffin and a tree planted over me. Feed the tree rather than polluting the atmosphere !

I dont want a funeral. Ive donated all my organs to science, and I dont believe in an afterlife, so cant see the point.

I dont want a funeral. Ive donated all my organs to science, and I dont believe in an afterlife, so cant see the point.

The funeral is for the ones left behind and is a time for closure and grieving for their loss - it doesn't have to be a religious service.:)

Archived