Help, Accused of benefit fraud

i live on my own with my son, I visit my daughters dad everyday and sometimes we sleep over, My partner rents his property ( privately) and we both have big old dogs so we cant move in together because of money and our dogs don't get on, Today the housing have sent a letter to my bf's house to me saying that someone has informed them im fraudulently claiming benefits and not living in my house but living with my partner instead, Obviously im scared to death now! I rang them up asked what it was all about but they wouldn't speak to me over the phone, and said i needed an interview under caution which will be recorded to give my side, To be honest i do just use my house as somewhere to sleep and spend most of my time at my bf's house, Is this wrong? Can I get in trouble for this? I pay my rent and never cause any problems and its rare i sleep at my partners as he works night shift so he drops us back home late on , Im just worried about it now and don't know what to expect or why someone has told them different? Please help or advise, Thanks Sarah

well that's fiddling!! good for the benifits office

It is only fiddling if you kinow you are fiddling. This case is unclear as it appears she stays at her partners but is dropped off later at her own house. Howell's solicitor does legal aid and I suggest the first stop is there. Interviews under caution are scary, which its why advice from a sol should be sought prior to under going one.

i live on my own with my son, I visit my daughters dad everyday and sometimes we sleep over, My partner rents his property ( privately) and we both have big old dogs so we cant move in together because of money and our dogs dont get on, Today the housing have sent a letter to my bf's house to me saying that someone has informed them im fraudulently claiming benefits and not living in my house but living with my partner instead, Obviously im scared to death now! I rang them up asked what it was all about but they wouldnt speak to me over the phone, and said i needed an interview under caution which will be recorded to give my side, To be honest i do just use my house as somewhere to sleep and spend most of my time at my bf's house, Is this wrong? Can I get in trouble for this? I pay my rent and never cause any problems and its rare i sleep at my partners as he works night shift so he drops us back home late on , Im just worried about it now and dont know what to expect or why someone has told them different? Please help or advise, Thanks Sarah

If you have nothing, there is nothing that they can take away from you. They will not put you in prison as they are full with people who have committed serious offences. No need to be concerned. Just go shoplifting, you will not get charged for that either.:D

It is only fiddling if you kinow you are fiddling. This case is unclear as it appears she stays at her partners but is dropped off later at her own house. Howell's solicitor does legal aid and I suggest the first stop is there. Interviews under caution are scary, which its why advice from a sol should be sought prior to under going one.

Ignorance is no defence.

I dont go to my bf's everyday, Id say about 4 times a week and we only go for the day, My home isnt big enough for us all to live in but its near my family, my bf's is big enough but its miles from my family and my son has nursery here and my family, my bf just has a house, no family near as they have all died, I dont want to live with him and even if he did want to live here with me theres no room, So it works well, we all see each other weekly, Im going to the cit ad, it says one of there advisors can come to the interview with me so i shall ask about that, I worried because I dont know what they know what they have been told but then I dont know why im worrying about that as i know im not doing anything wrong, We dont want to live together, nor are we living together

Social isnt , my bf works, pays tax, ni, private rent , poll tax everything , we dont live together, we dont claim benefits together

I presume he pays child support then?.

Why can't you live with him?.

Don't give me the two big dogs load of crap.

No dog would stop me living with my child.

Archived