Help, Accused of benefit fraud

I presume he pays child support then?.

No because he cant afford to, but he does look after my son while we visit, He did have a good job, but he lost it due to cuts backs so now hes working nights in a factory, I dont claim child tax or any other benefits just my benefits and the child benefit

Not if the social are paying them both.

Silly me. He is her daughter's father so I suppose it is good for her that they see lots of each other. He works night shifts and rents privately though so the assumption is that she is claiming while she is bringing up her son but the daughter lives with him so ......

Peoples' lives are complicated and it is so hard not to judge.

No because he cant afford to, but he does look after my son while we visit, He did have a good job, but he lost it due to cuts backs so now hes working nights in a factory, I dont claim child tax or any other benefits just my benefits and the child benefit

You should be claiming tax credits and living together, not pretending to live apart to claim the social.

Silly me. He is her daughter's father so I suppose it is good for her that they see lots of each other. He works night shifts and rents privately though so the assumption is that she is claiming while she is bringing up her son but the daughter lives with him so ......

Peoples' lives are complicated and it is so hard not to judge.

Im sorry thats my fault, I have 1 child only and its a boy, I put daughter by mistake as my first thought was to pretend i had a daughter so people wouldnt know it was me posting, this entire thing has made me paranoid, Sorry, 1 son, lives with me, we dont want to live with his dad, we are settled here but we do spend time together and at some point in the future we would like a house together in this area where my son is already settled at nursery and my family are close by

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if they have sent a letter to your partners house addressed to you they will already have evidence that you are living there/or staying there frequently. They will have been watching your movements, probably for quite a while now which they are quite entitled to do! Please get some legal advice as soon as possible.

You should be claiming tax credits and living together, not pretending to live apart to claim the social.

We are not pretending, I dont want to live with him, whats so wrong with that? And claiming the social isnt fun, its horrid living on a pittance each week

Ensure you have a solicitor present if you are interviewed.

You're being silly - she doesn't need a solicitor, she's not being charged with any offence.

But according to the OP "...they wouldnt speak to me over the phone, and said i needed an interview under caution which will be recorded to give my side,..."

UK student's advice sounds pretty good to me.

Archived