What have you lied about  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What have you lied about

• GCSE'S / A Level Grades
    • Job History / Length of Service
    • Current Wage
    • Made up References
    • Other

How far have you stretched the truth? do you think it's right and that 'everyone does it?'

Just wondering as I had a interview recently and I was totally honest and just missed out (not bad though as I thought I wouldnt even get an interview). But she kept going on about school qualifications and my arguement was that I was a totally different person to then and at the time didn't care about school

I'm currently achieving and out performing people where I work and the fact I got a D in Maths 16years ago that I can't even remember doing holds no baring on my current level of intelligence or commitment.

So i'm starting to see why people 'bump up' some things.... also when an prospective employer asks you about your wage what do you say?.... seems that they are trying to put a figure on your head straight away, regardless of the position and if you are currently under-valued in your role.

did a poll for fun....

I lied about my maths qualification to get the job I got in early 1997.

I don't excuse such behaviour but in my defence, it got me off the dole after a prolonged period of unemployment and led ultimately to me owning my own business. And I'm still doing essentially the same work 13 years later.

Archived