What cracks you up?

Sitting around nursing my broken elbow and am having thoughts about Sid James' famous lagh/chuckle.

Just picturing some old scenes from the Carry On movies is really cracking me up.

Spike Milligan is another old fave.May have to break out the brilliant WW2 series of books he wrote for some diversion, anyway I digress.

I came home to Sheffield for a visit (first one in 8 years) in March and was fortunate enough to catch Carry On Nurse(I think)one rainy Sunday afternoon.

What/who makes you guys/gals laugh?

Best all,

Mop

Yeah the blow up dolls from Only Fools and Horses is a classic, as is the one with the fluorescent paint, where they paint the local takeaway and their mothers grave stone..... quality.

How about the asian sketch where they are in Bombay and going out for an "English" after 10 pints, they ask for the blandest thing on the menu, just seen it tonight on Tv, classic.

Or "he is not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy" Life of Brian.

8) Nah Den Ace.......

'Orrible! The sitcom by Johnny Vaughan. Everybody slagged it to high heaven...........there's one word for that.....NAIVE! Buy the DVD.........It is pure comedy genius!

Also.......

Early Doors

The Office

Bo Selecta

Fawlty Towers

Only Fools And Horses

Porridge

Citizen Smith

Rising Damp

Morecambe & Wise

Ant & Dec

The Two Ronnies

Bottom

The Young Ones

Beavis And Butthead

Carry On

The Royle Family

Men Behaving Badly

Blazing Saddles

Harry Hill

Monty Python

Comic Strip Presents

Frank Skinner

Paul Calf

Peter Kaye

Plus loads, loads more.........too many to mention............

Mostly British as well..........British comedy.........best in the world!

Regards,

Spacehopper.

Life Of Brian is a corker.

Spike M makes a cameo as a bewildered follower.

Sadly overlooked in the U.S.

I think that the holier than thou brigade (which is everyone in small town America) must have lobbied the media to kind of sweep LIB under the radar of most Americans.

Wierd sense of humor here.I.e driven by ratings.In other words ,the ads run the shows,the ad people tell the t.v. companies what they are pitching to the consumer.the t.v. company makes the t.v. show to accomodate the ad however uninventive the script or show is,its done its job if you buy anything advertised in the frequent commercial breaks and the whole sitcom world revolves once a year in the form of this years latest batch of crap due anytime soon.

Give me the Carry Ons anytime.Mind you if overdone I'm sure you could leave some permenant damage to yourself.

What happened to good stand up comedy though? All the greats - billy connolly, lenny henry, lee evans, ardal o'hanlon, eddie izzard etc - all seem to have dissapeared in favour of less funny pursuits. You watch some of their late 80s/ early 90s stuff and it's soooo much funnier than the more recent work... Why do ya reckon that is?

OFAH is the greatest comedy ever. No matter how many times I watch an episode it still makes me laugh as if it's the first time I've seen it.

Also I like The Office. It's briliiantly though out. David Brent is the best, the episode where he did the dance was hilarious.

My favourite comedy recently has to be Phoenix Nights. It reminds me so much of the club I went to as a child with my nan. The same cheesy turns and naffness of the whole thing.

I love Paddy and Max.

CLUBLAND WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived