Pub for nice Sunday roast near Wadsley Park Village

miaowwoof

Thanks for your help. I will try one

of those :)

Shoulder of Mutton at Worral.

Come out of WPV at the top entrance and turn right. Worral village is about a mile on, turn left as you enter the village then think it's 2nd right - nice carvery.

Old Horns is also very good with spectacular scenery. Instead of turning 2nd right, carry on up that road past Bradfield School. Into the countryside just keep going for a couple of miles and then take a left down the hill, following signs for High Bradfield - Old Horns is next to the church.

If you're taking friends - the Horns is the place cos they'll be impressed by the views...

The Horns would probably take about ten minutes in a car from WPV- I suggest you go up to Worral- turn left on Kirk Edge road and keep going. I'm amazed that someone who lives in the area knows neither Bradfield nor Wharncliffe side- they are both very short drives away. I suggest you get out in the car and see what great countryside you have just minutes away from where you live!!

I don't have a car, I don't drive and I don't have family or friends nearby to be able to say to them 'can you drive me round a few

miles to see what near me' so what do you suggest I do get a taxi round? It's

not easy with no car!! And I'm not from Sheffield

Sorry- didn't mean to offend. I didn't have a car either until a few years ago, but I suppose I was lucky that friends drove me to places, and I used to get a bus with the kids out to Bradfield and I walked from Hillsborough to Rivelin valley, Worrall, and Loxley valley.

I just think it's a shame that perhaps you don't realise what is literally on your doorstep. I suggest you try to persuade your family to get out there and see it!!

What's it like? Is it countryside round it? I've no idea what wharncliffe side is :/

How long have you lived where you live at the moment.?You are right on the edge of the peak district and don't know your way around...Shame on you..lol

old horns at bradfeld click the link below...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4GGLL_en-GBGB383GB384&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=0,0,1264274708762595921&fb=1&hq=old+horns&hnear=Bradfield,+Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire&gl=uk&daddr=Bradfield,+Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire+S6+6LG&geocode=5874208733685880751,53.428449,-1.597363&ei=zrhATOzjKcrR4gbbvtW4Dg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=directions-to&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQngIwAA

3 weeks!!! That's all I have lived here. Give me chance!!

The other day we walked to the top of the village and turned left on worral road and came to a pub called sportsman. We had a drink in there and walked home. It's a right hike from the bottom of wadsley park village to the top!!

3 weeks!!! That's all I have lived here. Give me chance!!

Sorry,

But you do need to have a look what,s on your doorstep.There are some beautiful areas within walking distance from where you are.

Your friends will have sat nav i presume?Tell them to punch in S6 6LG and you won't be disapointed in the outcome....:help:

Just been looking on internet and google maps and old horn pub is bloody miles away, right up loxley!! When I lived at crookes my family used to visit and we used to go to crosspool tavern. Obviously we have moved further away, last thing they want to do is go somewhere which is further away.

Admiral Rodney would be too far and as far as im concerned its way past that.

So please any suggestions which are NEAR lol

I absolutely cant believe there is no nice pub within walking distance or just a few minutes drive.

Archived