Pub for nice Sunday roast near Wadsley Park Village

miaowwoof

Just been looking on internet and google maps and old horn pub is bloody miles away, right up loxley!! When I lived at crookes my family used to visit and we used to go to crosspool tavern. Obviously we have moved further away, last thing they want to do is go somewhere which is further away.

Admiral Rodney would be too far and as far as im concerned its way past that.

So please any suggestions which are NEAR lol

I absolutely cant believe there is no nice pub within walking distance or just a few minutes drive.

Why don't you cook them a nice Sunday roast at home or is that a silly idea :o

Ive done that loads of times, fancies going out for a change.

Worral village looks like it is a 2min drive a way and there is a pub coming up called 'Shoulder and Mutton' which does sunday carvery so that is where we are going to go :)

There are no good eating establishments within walking distance of WPV. My advice would be to walk to the tramstop and head for The Milestone. Give the Horns and Admiral Rodney a miss. The food is not that good in my opinion. Edited to say you wont go far wrong at The Shoulder of Mutton

Just been looking on internet and google maps and old horn pub is bloody miles away, right up loxley!! When I lived at crookes my family used to visit and we used to go to crosspool tavern. Obviously we have moved further away, last thing they want to do is go somewhere which is further away.

Admiral Rodney would be too far and as far as im concerned its way past that.

So please any suggestions which are NEAR lol

I absolutely cant believe there is no nice pub within walking distance or just a few minutes drive.

rose and crown or wadsley jack may be suited to yourself then a walk across wadsley common.

Today me and my hubby got on the tram link bus from middlewood. We decided to stay on all the way round to see the area, it went passed Wharncliffe side (passed the blue ball pub), through outibridge, deepcar and stocksbridge.

Stocksbridge has the most amazing views on the bus route but i was suprised how many council houses there seemed, from experience, normally in areas with views like that the houses are normally private with mega value!

Deepcar seemed nice too.

On the bus home we got off at the blueball pub at wharncliffe side, it was nice.

Now I know my area lol

Archived