Does anyone know anything about living in Brisbane Australia?

Im wanting to do a working visa in Australia and to me Brisbane looks like the best place to live and work. What do you think?

And i wanted to go self employed, can i do that on a work visa or do i have to work for someone over there?

Does anyone have any good/bad experiences?

Natalie x

Brisbane is a fantastic place. You can apply for a skills visa if you are under 45. Also check the Australian High Commision website for the Critical Skills List. This is list of occupations in which there is a labour shortage.

I live just outside Brisbane & its a lovely place to live. The city centre is modern & busy. Plenty of night life if required. Many many places near by to visit if you are looking for beaches etc: Theme parks & of course only just over an hour drive to the gold coast & similar distance to the lovely sunshine coast. I have been in just about all major cities in Australia & Brisbane is one of the best. Really is a lovely place to live.

Cheers

Janet Olsen

as above.

Look into the visa before you even think about where you want to go.

http://www.immi.gov.au will give you all the info you need. Its very hard to get a visa at the moment. I have had real problems getting a spouse visa for the missus as they changed the requirements the month we went for it. If you do apply ensure you have ALL the information required as you dont get a refund if they dont approve it! We are having to spend $2500 for her visa and if we dont have everything the request, we lose that money!

I live just outside Brisbane & its a lovely place to live. The city centre is modern & busy. Plenty of night life if required. Many many places near by to visit if you are looking for beaches etc: Theme parks & of course only just over an hour drive to the gold coast & similar distance to the lovely sunshine coast. I have been in just about all major cities in Australia & Brisbane is one of the best. Really is a lovely place to live.

Cheers

Janet Olsen

janet, brisbanes full of bannana benders and you know it .stop misleading people ,queensland only starts to get civilized when you get to cook town .they should go to sydney work there, then fly to byron ,then cook town..sorted

janet, brisbanes full of bannana benders and you know it .stop misleading people ,queensland only starts to get civilized when you get to cook town .they should go to sydney work there, then fly to byron ,then cook town..sorted

So another person just trying to stop people coming to Queensland shame on you John, just because we live such a wonderful life here in the sunshine with employment & beaches & BBQ's & good entertainment admit our hospital system leaves a lot to be desired but ...

Its a bit selfish of you John wanting to stop other people having the great life we banana benders have here there is plenty of Qld to go around.

Archived