People shouldn't have to work

So if Ferrari's were made by robot then there wouldn't be such a limited supply. But we are not even close to fully automating car production, and if we start to talk about design and conception then it's pure sci fi at the moment.

The singularity is IMO going to be a lot like fusion. 50 years away from realisation for decades and maybe centuries to come.

Working is hard work and can be really boring. I don't think people should be made to work or made to feel bad about not working. They should be given a living wage and the people who do like to work hard should pay for it out of their taxes. Especially the "middle class". They don't need all that money anyway. People who don't work still like to drink, smoke, enjoy decent TV, sound and video gaming systems. Why do you want to deprive them of this pleasure by not giving them your money?

People who don't work always seem to get a hard time from those who do work. It's not fair or very nice.

Discuss.

No thanks.

Working is hard work and can be really boring. I don't think people should be made to work or made to feel bad about not working. They should be given a living wage and the people who do like to work hard should pay for it out of their taxes. Especially the "middle class". They don't need all that money anyway. People who don't work still like to drink, smoke, enjoy decent TV, sound and video gaming systems. Why do you want to deprive them of this pleasure by not giving them your money?

People who don't work always seem to get a hard time from those who do work. It's not fair or very nice.

Discuss.

If you could get a living wage handout and still afford all the luxeries in life, nobody would work, but then who would pay for it and then there wouldn't be the handout.

If you could get a living wage handout and still afford all the luxeries in life, nobody would work

Proof?

I think you should just be honest and come out and say it - that you want all the people who refuse to work thrown into a landfill.

Proof?

Obviously there's no proof either way as this is an intellectual exercise involving a hypothetical benefits system.

All we can do is extrapolate from human behaviour as we have observed it personally. I don't think it's unreasonable myself to assume that the majority of people, if given the option of not working wouldn't take that option.

Even if they chose to do some work, it's unlikely IMO that it would be as much work or that it would be the work that needs doing.

The adage that people work to live and not live to work is generally true. So if the living bit was guaranteed by the benefits then the work is no longer required.

Archived