People shouldn't have to work

I don't think I have to explain why someone isn't entitled to something. The burden is the other way around, you'd have to explain why they were entitled to it.

Why don't i have any sympathy? Why should I have sympathy for them, we're all in the same situation, nothing special about these theoretical people.

Imagine me not caring about how they feel about another day of work. Work or don't work, their choice. There's no argument for here that I can see for anyone else to support them.

What would be the point in going to work, if you were simply given a living wage to do nothing?

Exactly. The OP is (if not playing devil's advocate) ignoring basic human nature.

Yes, there are the likes of Richard Branson etc. who are more driven to start businesses etc., but without a work force, they won't get very far.

You're right, a lot of people probably wouldn't see the point in working. But then they'd end up being the "slackers" themselves so they would end up condemning themselves as workshy layabouts.

What work would they be shy of? In the situation outlined in post #1, the entire economy would have collapsed.

I don't think I have to explain why someone isn't entitled to something. The burden is the other way around, you'd have to explain why they were entitled to it.

Why don't i have any sympathy? Why should I have sympathy for them, we're all in the same situation, nothing special about these theoretical people.

Imagine me not caring about how they feel about another day of work. Work or don't work, their choice. There's no argument for here that I can see for anyone else to support them.

I agree 100%.

Work ?...I gave up as a bad job six years ago. It's so nice to be able to get up in the morning when I feel like and not have to rush about getting ready for work. Such a relief not to have to face that daily commute that puts you in a bad mood before you even get to work or the weary trek home which for some peculiar reason always takes half an hout longer than the morning journey in.

I don't feel particularly bad about all those who do work to keep me in idleness - I woked and paid all my dues for more than 40 years to keep generations before me in the idleness I now enjoy. And I'm still paying income tax damn it !

Where can I find some decent TV ?? :suspect:

if lots of their earnings were funding the non workers to enjoy a lavish lifestyle

isnt that what we have currently? my Neigbours dont go to work but still have cash to buy fags and Booze and go out to the bingo (luxuries i cant afford!):rant:

Cyclone you are wasting your time its obviously a wind-up.

I assume that Ep is bored and trying to get to the basic argument of why people should be responsible for themselves... I don't think it's their real opinion.

Archived