People shouldn't have to work

But the discussion has moved on to the possibility of robots doing all our work.

yes i gathererd i was refering to the topic in question which is people shouldnt have to work. i didnt have anything to add to the robot comments so i didnt see the need to contribute for the sake of it so asked my relevent question regardless.

Neat. However, and unfortunately, I perceive a flaw. An important one, a'tually: why would the inventor robot be inventing things for you and do your bidding, JFK'?

Why would any robot rebel against humanity, I'm sure my Cylons would be like subservient little puppies. Maybe though an army of armed supervisor robots can also oversee things and terminate any bad behaviour, I'll call them the terminators.

people shouldnt have to work.

I agree.

The point is people will still work. Do you have any proof (links?) that there wouldn't be enough people working to support the benefits of those who choose not to?

I agree.

The point is people will still work. Do you have any proof (links?) that there wouldn't be enough people working to support the benefits of those who choose not to?

youre miss quoting me! i never said it was a good idea.

i said if everyone quit work. surely if no one worked then the money would run out sooner or later and everyone would be skint? that was my original question.

i dont need to provide any proof as it wasnt a statement or a fact it was a question.

do you have any proof that people will still work if they have a choice not too? ya know like links and stuff?

Please accept my apologies. I was perhaps a bit too selective with the quote tags there.

i said if everyone quit work. surely if no one worked then the money would run out sooner or later and everyone would be skint? that was my original question.

i dont need to provide any proof as it wasnt a statement or a fact it was a question.

do you have any proof that people will still work if they have a choice not too? ya know like links and stuff?

No I don't have proof. The burden of proof is on the person who opposes my views. I thought that was one of the key "rules" of debate. :confused:

Please accept my apologies. I was perhaps a bit too selective with the quote tags there.

thats ok its a little bug bear i have lol!

No I don't have proof. The burden of proof is on the person who opposes my views. I thought that was one of the key "rules" of debate. :confused:

as i said i didnt state this as a fact it was a question that was all.

i was curios about your idea and wondererd how you would suggest it to be funded if EVERYONE choose to not work?

im just ironing out the creases in your proposed idea/plan so to speak :)

im not opposing your view, im merely pointing out what i see as a flaw and asking how youd solve it.

You could ask the question why money is needed to fix our desires/problems?

Every other animal on the planet survives without "money" and they are far less intelligent...or are they?

Every other animal on the planet survives without "money" and they are far less intelligent...or are they?

as I said earlier money and fiat currency only cloud the issue. Pretend they didn't exist and we still had a barter economy. What we need to do is enough work to feed ourselves and satisfy basic requirements, ie food, water, shelter.

If everyone quit work then we'd all starve.

And if the people who didn't quit work, only did enough to provide for their own welfare then those who didn't work would starve.

thats a good point! i dont personally like money i think it creates more problems than it creates. id love to be self sufficient but my boyfriend or our children dont agree and want to stay where we are with all their comforts :hihi:

im merely pointing out what i see as a flaw and asking how youd solve it.

People are always pointing out my flaws. Yes, I have a big nose. Yes, I have a few blemishes and scars. Yes, I eat too much cheesecake and my ass is getting bigger. I am trying to solve it honestly I am but it's difficult. I want to just be loved for being me. Obviously me is not good enough.

It's friday and now I feel really really bad about myself. A weekend of grey cloud looms.

Archived