The stresses of unemployment

I already tried that, the job centre said they can't offer any funds towards driving lessons, so I questioned "what if I wanted a job that involves driving, such as a courier or driving instructor?" and they said that there's still nothing they can do..

i tried this they told me at the jobcenter that if you get the job then they will help i told them i wouldnt get it i i was unable to do the job in the first place. some companies will take you on but its very rare as they want you to be able to start soon as.

i went into the center to seea personal adviser and did all the same as you i was told that primark wer setting on she told me that every job has a limit they can send people to they had five positions going and a 100 to each position.

i cant help you on the job front hun but all you can do is chill out and keep trying. all the best hun

Enjoy your time off working and stop worrying. You'll find work in the end :)

Good point! Do something that you have always wanted to do but have never had the time to do! Go to college, start a band, learn to play the piano, teach yourself how to be a graphic designer..........you get the picture. You will find a job one day!

If you are applying for jobs that you are qualified for (if necessary) and have some relevant experience in, I'm sorry but there must be something not quite right with your CV if you have been unemployed for 2 years and have been sending off 4 or 5 applications each week as you say. Have you had anyone look over it (other than family and friends)?

You say your previous employment was with PlusNet, what exactly were you doing there and what sort of jobs are you applying for currently?

Not neccesarily. A friend of mine has a degree and an MA and has been applying for jobs for over two years and hasn't even had a interview.

Hi Ghozer have you been to the recruiting office as there are different types of employments.

Yeah, all they would let me do is gunner... nothing 'in the background' like I'd want to do... I spent about 2 hours in there talking to them looking at my options..

I have, and my lack of GCSE's means they won't take me... I think that my GCSE's are one of the first steps tbh...
I'm in the same boat. Iv'e just registered with soar, they'll help with anything you need. they'll provide free training in various areas such as, trade, IT, they also provide courses where you can take your gcse's, I'll pm their number to you if you'd like.

Archived