The stresses of unemployment

Echo the ADHD comments. Try to get the GCSE's, preferable the important ones. Aren't there free courses for the unemployed?

have the Job Centre helped you with your CV. If not try searching online for examples.

Try doing some volentary work. That always looks good on your CV.

Seriously, take the ADHD off your CV

I agree, take it off ... and get some advice on how to construct an effective CV. It sounds like you are lacking confidence, understandable under the circumstances. I would go to the job centre and ask to see an employment advisor who can offer advice on how to improve your CV ... :thumbsup:

Ditto! Removing ADHD from your CV is a no-brainer. I can just see employers looking at that and looking no futher.

Only mention anything that might put someone off, AFTER, you've had plently of time to impress them and and make them aware of all the good stuff (this means, at least, after your first interview, if not later).

You can do it dude..

Definitely get your CV looked at by someone who is in business - I don't mind reviewing it for you as I have been involved in recruiting staff many times. I used to get so annoyed at CV's with poor spelling and grammar as it shows a lack of initiative in getting it reviewed. Of course poor grammar doesn't mean you can't do a particular job but it certainly doesn't give the right impression.

As others have said - do some volunteer work, you'd be surprised how many doors that it might open up for you. It will give you an insight into other career options you may not have even considered before and it most definitely gives an excellent impression on your CV that you have given up your time to help others.

• 5 weeks later...

Don't know if you've seen this, it seems to be all over, don't know how helpful it would be but worth a try:

If you are unemployed and living in South Yorkshire we offer following trainings completely FREE. No caught its government funding.

LGV, ADR & CPC

SIA Security Badge

Fork Lift & Rough Terrain Fork Truck

Gas Safety Certificate (Previously Know CORGI)Cookers, Central Heating, Gas Fire & Water heating

Bricklaying, Joinery, Plastering, Tilling Plumbing Courses (Basic and Advanced, Under Floor Heating )

Warehouse and Storage

PCV licence Cat D & D1 (Mini Bus & Coaches)

Electrician Courses (17th Edition, Part P Level A, B & C, Portable Part Testing))

CPCS Plant Machinery

Dump truck, Tipping dumper, Elevated working Platform,

Excavator below 5/10 tonnes.

Skills for Childcare

Manufacturing, HSE First Aid Certificate

Renewable Energy Efficiency (Part L)

Health and Social Care and Care Skills Courses

Fire Warden/Marshall

Food Hygiene level 2

Child Protection

Retail Training Business Admin

Land Based Operations