Members of the sixties groups

Just come back from a holiday in germany to a town I have visited for the past 15 yrs and walked past a street musician and never took notice of him until he wasnt there,when i asked where he was the people said he was in hospital with cancer and that he was from England so I made enquiries and found it was George Gill who played with Joe Cocker and Frank White etc.So this year he is now out of hospital and well on his way to full recovery,I fixed a meeting with him throgh a friend of his and a forumer,Hohenloher,when I met him I greeted him with a full blown sheffield narden aceent,he stopped in his tracks,he'd not heard one for30 yrs.The town has been good to George,all the shops and people had a collection to pay his hospital bills and the council have found him a nice appartment,George has made many friends there,so if any of his old mates would to drop him a line to wish him well pm me and I will let you have his address.another funny thing is we both have many of the same friends and did'nt know it.

Archived