What's happening in Abbeydale / Empire Road area? 17/07/10

This'll be the reason. From South Yorkshire Police website...

Enquiries ongoing after stabbing incident in Sheffield

Published 17 July, 2010

Officers are investigating a stabbing incident that happened late yesterday evening in the Nether Edge area of Sheffield.

Police received reports of an incident around 11.10pm last night, Friday, 16 July, on Woodstock Road outside St Peter’s Church Hall.

As a result of the incident, a 40-year-old man was taken to hospital with stab wounds. His injuries were not life threatening and he was later released from hospital.

Woodstock Road to Abbeydale Road was closed following the incident but reopened around 1.20am.

Enquiries are ongoing but anyone with information about this incident should contact South Yorkshire Police on 0114 2202020.

All thought this is nearly on our doorstep, I'm not worried that much as stabbings and shootings don't just randomly happen. There's often a motive and target in most cases, following an arguement or fight or some previous catalyst.

All thought this is nearly on our doorstep, I'm not worried that much as stabbings and shootings don't just randomly happen. There's often a motive and target in most cases, following an arguement or fight or some previous catalyst.

Me either, there was a (drugs related) shooting down the hill from me, on Washington Road, a couple of years ago:- I wasn't scared.

I'm not worried that much as stabbings and shootings don't just randomly happen. There's often a motive and target in most cases, following an arguement or fight or some previous catalyst.

I do agree, except in the case of mistaken identity.

Archived