Urgent - need someone to jump start my car

Hiya,

I done something stupid last night and left my lights on in the car. I've come to go out in it this morning and the battery is flat.

Coincidentally my roadside assistance ran out last week and I thought I'd leave it until I get paid next week!

My question is is anyone out there able to come to Crookes and jump start my car? It's an automatic which makes me doing it myself harder (from what I've read)

Obviously I'd pay you for your time.

no, I don't have leads. It could be called something else I've no idea. I've not been driving all that long. I assumed it was called jump starting

Problem is I need to be in Kiveton for 12pm :(

Hi yes you need someone with jump leads to start it (attaching to both batteries) , don't try bump starting it which is a different thing! I would come and help but am on my way out soon and not near you! Hopefully you will get help from a kind member on here who lives nearby.

I really hope so. I'm going to a fellow forumers birthday thingy today and I need to be at her house for 12pm. I really can't miss it. I feel so stupid for a) leaving my lights on and b) not renenwing my roadside assistance.

I agree with OOmpa

Hi yes you need someone with jump leads to start it (attaching to both batteries) , don't try bump starting it which is a different thing! I would come and help but am on my way out soon and not near you! Hopefully you will get help from a kind member on here who lives nearby.

Thanks

That is her problem.

It is an automatic so it is not possible to bump start it, due to the fluid coupling.

It sounds as if the battery is on its way out, as I would have expected sufficient to be left in, if it was only side lights left on.

Archived