BT Phone Bill - It's Good To Talk?

My great grandmother who is 92, got her bill on friday and its £83.25 - ONLY £3.50 OF THIS IS FOR CALL CHARGERS!!! phoned BT and there isnt anything they can do except offer Friends and Family!!

ditch them,thats shocking!

a call to age concern may help x

The above sounds like rubbish. TalkTalk leases the line from BT who are still responsible for maintaining the line. If there are any faults then there should be no charge by either TalkTalk or BT for rectifying that fault. In fact its possible to claim compo if the fault is not rectified within a given time. I have been with TalkTalk for a while and the only annoying problem is with their call centres, any faults that have occurred have been rectified fairly quickly. From experience, a lot of the so called faults have been down to the consumer and not a fault of the provider.

TalkTalk is much cheaper than BT for almost the same service and over the past 3 years has saved me £100's.

Thank you for saying my post is rubbish. Can no one but you have an opinion ?

I suggest anyone interested goes through the 100's of posts on here relating to Talk Talk. I tried to find the post I was referring to but there are that many complaints about talk Talk, I had to give up.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

My only experience of Talk Talk is that they took over Tiscali who provided my broadband. I found it impossible to get released, and then to get a refund, until I contacted the Government body responsible for these things. Only then did I get to talk to someone with the remotest amount of interest.

But "Mr. Fake" - you have once again made it clear, there is no point trying to help people on this forum, because there are too many ignorant people who will oppose any views. What a joke.

My great grandmother who is 92, got her bill on friday and its £83.25 - ONLY £3.50 OF THIS IS FOR CALL CHARGERS!!! phoned BT and there isnt anything they can do except offer Friends and Family!!

That is dreadful. We are on Friends and Family and free weekend calls - but I still feel the line rental is expensive. Most of our calls are made at weekends when they are supposed to be free. Will have to dig out that little wooden box that we once had next to the phone (two tone green) to put spare change in when we made a call!! :o

Is she on the right call plan ?

I pay £18.78 a month (£56.34/quarter) fo BT's Unlimited Anytime Plan. This includes all local and national calls as well as 0845 and 0870 numbers. There are charges for 0844, 0871, mobile numbers (flat 7.2p/minute) and international calls.

This plan is a bit cheaper if you opt for monthly direct debit payment and paperless billing but I don't imagine your great grandmother would want that.

If she doesn't make many calls it would be worth looking at the BT Basic plan -

http://www.btplc.com/inclusion/Needhelp/BTBasic/

Thank you for saying my post is rubbish. Can no one but you have an opinion ?

I suggest anyone interested goes through the 100's of posts on here relating to Talk Talk. I tried to find the post I was referring to but there are that many complaints about talk Talk, I had to give up.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

My only experience of Talk Talk is that they took over Tiscali who provided my broadband. I found it impossible to get released, and then to get a refund, until I contacted the Government body responsible for these things. Only then did I get to talk to someone with the remotest amount of interest.

But "Mr. Fake" - you have once again made it clear, there is no point trying to help people on this forum, because there are too many ignorant people who will oppose any views. What a joke.

Now now, stop being so touchy.:)

If you read my post again you will see that I said "the above sounds like rubbish" ie the bit about the costs. Sorry but I could not see any opinion or view from you only some anecdotal evidence "Heard lots of bad things about Talk Talk." etc

Bt or TalkTalk dont charge extra for rectifying faults that occur on a current rented line as that is automatically included in the line rental. When Broadband is provided as a free service there is no automatic right to have Broadband faults rectified quickly. BT do things quicker because its a "paid for" service and you have entered a contract with them.

Archived