Ageing lefties in denial!

I'd agree with that! Well' date=' I agree that capitalism is rotten to the core. The whole principle being that greed is rewarded. I'm sure I'll get laughed at for being so naiive in thinking that people can be motivated by things other than greed. [/quote']

You have it a bit mixed up. Hard work, effort, skill and talent is rewarded. Greed is never rewarded.

Lots of people are greedy but having greed doesn't give them a thing. Try buying a lottery ticket for a first hand experience of unrequited greed in action.

You have it a bit mixed up. Hard work, effort, skill and talent is rewarded. Greed is never rewarded.

Lots of people are greedy but having greed doesn't give them a thing. Try buying a lottery ticket for a first hand experience of unrequited greed in action.

Buying a lottery ticket is not greed.

It is having a chance at wealth, for a laugh really.

Bankers and their hangers on don't know what work is.

They are usurers and manipulators of the first water.

Ah gotcha, it's ok for people with no money to get lots of money for nothing 'a laugh' but not for people who already have some money who (in your opinion) get money for hard work, effort, skill and talent nothing.

Silly me. That's where I've been going wrong. I should be buying lottery tickets instead of working a 60 hour week.

Ah gotcha, it's ok for people with no money to get lots of money for nothing 'a laugh' but not for people who already have some money who (in your opinion) get money for hard work, effort, skill and talent nothing.

Silly me. That's where I've been going wrong. I should be buying lottery tickets instead of working a 60 hour week.

How do you fit in working with all the hours you spend on here?

You cant be doing a deal :hihi:

Hehe, lottery tickets aren't the problem. If people want to gamble on terrible odds, that's up to them. Usury, on the other hand, is different. The richest people in the world tend to make money in virtue of having money. They shift money around, and when banks take too many risks and fail, the public bail them out. The rise of free market capitalism has only served to increase the wealth gap. The rich have gotten richer and the poor poorer, and I doubt it has much to do with the rich increasing their comparitive workload.

Buying a lottery ticket is not greed.

It is having a chance at wealth, for a laugh really.

Bankers and their hangers on don't know what work is.

They are usurers and manipulators of the first water.

I forgot to add mountebanks and charlatans. :hihi:

Please forgive my error.

60 hours a week and then you still have the energy to come on here as much as you do! Which begs the question - is it a strong work ethic or an overactive thyroid gland? :hihi:

Archived