Ageing lefties in denial!

I know several lefties who have turned to the right once they had made some cash. Someone once said that everyone is a capitalist if they have something to capitalise upon. That does not consider people of conscience of course.

Care to comment on what I posted as I don't think it was that difficult a point to understand.

No I don't think people should be paid the same it's ideolistic claptrap! Why should someone who works on overhead powerlines (that provide the juice for you to tip tap away on your keyboard) & could be fried at any minute, be paid the same as a road sweeper. The system is flawed as everyone would want to take the low risk job!

I know several lefties who have turned to the right once they had made some cash. Someone once said that everyone is a capitalist if they have something to capitalise upon. That does not consider people of conscience of course.

That's too true! It's amazing how many 'lefties' who have kids / family then suddenly pay for private healthcare when their nearest & dearest are at risk even though it goes against all their strongly held 'principles'!

No I don't think people should be paid the same it's ideolistic claptrap! Why should someone who works on overhead powerlines (that provide the juice for you to tip tap away on your keyboard) & could be fried at any minute, be paid the same as a road sweeper. The system is flawed as everyone would want to take the low risk job!

Problem is I didn't say that so I'll try again and ask whether this makes me a leftie.

"I would like a society that shares wealth fairly evenly, that finds employment for everyone fit enough to work, that treats it sick well, that provides homes for all its citizens."

Problem is I didn't say that so I'll try again and ask whether this makes me a leftie.

"I would like a society that shares wealth fairly evenly, that finds employment for everyone fit enough to work, that treats it sick well, that provides homes for all its citizens."

And how do you propose to share wealth evenly then?

There wil always be rich people and poor people and those of us who are somewhere in the middle. As I said the middle is the best.Moderation is the key.

In an ideal world we would all have enough to live on and a bit aside for a rainy day. I guess if that happened then most of us would be happy wouldn't we?

Money doesn't make you happy. Who you are and how you feel inside is what leads to happiness. We know we all need money but it isnt the most important thing.

Oh I'm sure that this could be worked out, do my views make me a leftie then and what are your views on the subjects I mentioned?

Just as I though a Theorist! Criticism.... but no direction on how to fulfill the requirement!

Just as I though a Theorist! Criticism.... but no direction on how to fulfill the requirement!

I'll tell you what, you answer my question as to whether or not what I indicated makes me a leftie and what your thoughts on these areas are and I'll offer a method of achieving this fairness.

Archived