Ageing lefties in denial!

Its Sunday am and I am up before either of you!

I can see what you mean (epiphany) about the land ownership.

If we look at the situation of today. There are those people on benefits without a job. There are those who work on a low wage, those who are on a decent wage , and those who earn a handsome salary.

I guess that buying ones own house is relative.There are many who due to the fact that they earn a low wage cant get on the property ladder. Social housing has its own problems and, if we really need social housing then it is up to the government of the day to decide whether it has the funds to invest in that.

The ones on a decent wage should be able to get on the property ladder. They must of course buy a property only what they can afford. Same for the ones on the higher salary.

I see the problem of purchasing a house as having more to do with a lack of education and training as , if everyone came out of school/college/university with the correct qualifications to see them through life and be able to take personal responsibility for themselves and the state only to intervene in times of crisis then they would have a decent job and then be able to afford to get on the property ladder.

I accept that there are those now who have decent jobs in certain areas who simply cant afford to get on the property ladder, but this is because demand outstrips supply in that particular area.This will always happen if a particular area is desirable to live and where there is a need to work in that particular place. I think that shared ownership schemes seem to work quite well in these circumstances.

Archived