Reporting crime, you?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Reporting crime, you?

• Yes, I'd report everything
    • Maybe, if I thought it was serious
    • No, what's the point
    • I'm confused

Would you? Do you? Have you?

Lots of people think that the police have a thankless task but do you do your bit to help them to help us?

Do you pick and choose what crimes you report, would you report everything or don't you think it's worth the effort?

Im a big believer in local community`s sorting out thier own trouble makers and criminals to a degree, . for example people who cause anti social behaviour ,car thieves , vandals, burglars can all be dealt with in the community, and generally are round here , without needing to increase the work load of the police.

And the offenders tend not to re-offend in this area as community justice tends to get through to these toerags more than a slap on the wrist from the courts.

So to answer your question - yes i report serious crime ,in other words , anything the local`s cant deal with themselves.

Im a big believer in local community`s sorting out thier own trouble makers and criminals to a degree, . for example people who cause anti social behaviour ,car thieves , vandals, burglars can all be dealt with in the community, and generally are round here , without needing to increase the work load of the police.

And the offenders tend not to re-offend in this area .

So to answer your question - yes i report serious crime ,in other words , anything the local`s cant deal with themselves.

Vigilanteville. Bring it on!

Lots of people think that the police have a thankless task but do you do your bit to help them to help us?

Do you pick and choose what crimes you report, would you report everything or don't you think it's worth the effort?

Generally I wouldn't bother nowadays as the police aren't really bothered or interested unless you're very lucky.

I have assisted the police a couple of times in the past.

And yes I most certainly do pick and choose which crimes to report, I don't report it when people break laws that I don't agree with.

For example I don't report my drug dealer.

I report incidents, I don't see why I should suffer in silence.

And the offenders tend not to re-offend in this area as community justice tends to get through to these toerags more than a slap on the wrist from the courts.

Where do you live?

Yes, I do report crime - even trivial ones, because I know that, even if the police won't/don't have time to deal with one particular incident, they need to be aware of what's going on and they do deal with anti-social behaviour, etc, when they have enough information about it.

Police work these days seems to be all about money and priorities, if lots of people don't report small incidents, nothing will ever get done about them. The police aren't likely to send out the chopper and dog van because one person complains about children riding minimotos in the park or chucking stones at passing motorists, but if they get loads of reports, they can prioritise it.

Archived