Do you report a crime?

Reporting crime, you?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Reporting crime, you?

• Yes, I'd report everything
    • Maybe, if I thought it was serious
    • No, what's the point
    • I'm confused

There should be an option of "Yes, if I thought the crime was serious" rather than the maybe in the poll

I would never report anyone for possession of cannabis or nicking a can of baked beans from the supermarket, but I would report any serious crime I saw.

I wouldn't report every single crime, for example if I saw a kid nick a chocolate bar in a supermarket I wouldn't phone the police but if I saw someone being assaulted, or a break in occuring at a neighbours house or something like that I would do, definitely

It depends on the crime, My kids have had plenty of bikes nabbed and garden toys, and I havent reported it, having said that, the bikes have always been stolen when the kids were younger and the bikes less expensive.

If I was to see someone being mugged or burgled, or anything that will cause long term distress to the victim, I wouldnt hesitate to report it, the harmed person has got to rebuild their lives which could take yrs, the person responsible should be caught, thats not gonna happen without the police knowing.... On the other hand if the police catch him and cant do anything due to lack of evidence this just causes more distress for the victim.

Guest sibon
Not really , its more locals looking after their own .

It's not really, is it. Let's call it assault, or threatening behaviour, or possibly kidnap. It isn't locals looking after their own, it is criminal behaviour.

I've just informed the team investigating illegal bikers in Westwood Park.

Archived