Lying to kids about heaven.. why insult their intelligence? ?

Why do some people do it?. I'm talking about people in general here, not necessarily just the religious. Iv'e even done it myself so i'm not pointing the finger. Why lie to our children about going to heaven when we die?.

Because life is hard enough! At least let them be innocent and free while they are little. Same goes for father christmas, tooth fairy, easter bunny e.t.c, why lie about all that stuff? It's called imagination and fun, they'll learn the sad facts of life soon enough!!

Isn't it better than telling them that we go in a hole in the ground for the worms to come and eat us:?:
I'm not sure it is better, it would be easier for me to explain, but that would be to my benefit wouldn't it.

Because life is hard enough! At least let them be innocent and free while they are little. Same goes for father christmas, tooth fairy, easter bunny e.t.c, why lie about all that stuff? It's called imagination and fun, they'll learn the sad facts of life soon enough!!
Would telling them the truth really take away their innocence?.

You mean they're not real? Seriously? :shocked:

As if kids need to know about that crap to be "innocent and free". The facts of life are not sad, they are beautiful and empowering.

Archived