Lying to kids about heaven.. why insult their intelligence? ?

When they find out it is a lie.

You seem to have some deep seated problems here old pal.

Father Christmas always came to our house, as did the tooth fairy.

My children, and grandchildren also benefited and benefit from these benevolent people.

Non of them despise me or my wife as wicked liars, and neither do I despise my parents (god rest their souls).

It is a happy part of growing up, and a good thing to pass on.

You seem to have some deep seated problems here old pal.

Father Christmas always came to our house, as did the tooth fairy.

My children, and grandchildren also benefited and benefit from these benevolent people.

Non of them despise me or my wife as wicked liars, and neither do I despise my parents (god rest their souls).

It is a happy part of growing up, and a good thing to pass on.

Father christmas and the tooth fairy are make believe. Making children believe that they, you and everyone they love(well, at least those that believe in god)will all meet again in heaven after death isn't make believe.. it's an untruth.

Surely nobody really knows what happens after death?

Life (and possibly death) consists of far more than the nuts and bolts of what you can see and touch.

I am becoming more and more dismayed at the preponderance of this approach to the World.

Father christmas and the tooth fairy are make believe. Making children believe that they, you and everyone they love(well, at least those that believe in god)will all meet again in heaven after death isn't make believe.. it's an untruth.

How do you know?

I know that we will meet up again in the afterlife, not in our present forms, but as part of the godhead.

Prove me wrong.

You are the liar, giving children no hope, and pushing on the idea they are only here to work for the man, until they die in oblivion.

How do you know?

I know that we will meet up again in the afterlife, not in our present forms, but as part of the godhead.

Prove me wrong.

I'm not making the claims, you are, So you prove it.

Claiming something is true to another, without having any credible evidence is lying.

I'm not making the claims, you are, So you prove it.

Claiming something is true to another, without having any credible evidence is lying.

It is not me, but you that is claiming truth.

You say that it is truth that only oblivion lies ahead.

That there is no future.

You prove that to me.

For you are wrong.

Surely nobody really knows what happens after death?

Life (and possibly death) consists of far more than the nuts and bolts of what you can see and touch.

I am becoming more and more dismayed at the preponderance of this approach to the World.

Indeed there may be far more to life(possibly death)than we can see and touch, Although I fail to see how we(humans)are at the centre of it all. We(humans)are ultimately responsible for the reproduction of any additional "human life". We(humans)are on occasions responsible for many, many premature ends to "human life". We are nothing special, we merely possess the concious desire to arrogantly believe that we are something special. Special above all others.:roll:

Archived