Lying to kids about heaven.. why insult their intelligence? ?

You rely on all things sensual.

Right.

Look into a clear night sky.

See all the millions of stars and galaxies out there.

Try to comprehend where it all came from.

From nothing.

Then think again.

Try to comprehend where god came from.

From nothing.

Then think again.

You offer no answers, all you have done is to offer up a new question one step back.

I am an animal, as you are. We are just one species of many. Although we are the only species that i'm aware of blighted with the superiority complex.... I suppose it's a small price to pay for being human, the masters of all they survey.
The Cheetah chases the Thomsons Gazelle,a creature of similar size,why? because it has a superiority complex!.........I would not think that the Cheetah or even you for that matter, has the delightful breadth of intellect to believe in Santa or Fairies for a time in this short life, but thankfully some of us are blessed!

The Cheetah chases the Thomsons Gazelle,a creature of similar size,why? because it has a superiority complex!.........I would not think that the Cheetah or even you for that matter, has the delightful breadth of intellect to believe in Santa or Fairies for a time in this short life, but thankfully some of us are blessed!
Blessed or pi**e:hihi:d

Souls don't exist. And before you tell me to prove it, once again saying souls don't exist is a negative, the burden of proof lies with you.

You have no soul.

I have a soul, old pal.

I grieve every day over the sins I have committed.

At the end of my working day, if I can get in bed content, that is a good day.

If I know that by deliberate intent I have offended, or insulted someone, then it preys on my mind, and the day is a bad one.

It is called humanity, or the soul.

Indeed there may be far more to life(possibly death)than we can see and touch, Although I fail to see how we(humans)are at the centre of it all. We(humans)are ultimately responsible for the reproduction of any additional "human life". We(humans)are on occasions responsible for many, many premature ends to "human life". We are nothing special, we merely possess the concious desire to arrogantly believe that we are something special. Special above all others.:roll:

I have to disagree.

I think human beings are special.

As far as we know we are the only animals asking these sort of questions and pondering the answers.

We have a higher level of intelligence (hard to believe sometimes I know...) than anything else on the planet. We have transformed our environment and we can adapt brilliantly. And yes this has made us extremely arrogant.

Surely the fact that we are still unsure about life and death, a higher power, the meaning of it all etc. is the one mystery that tames our arrogant streak.

I have to disagree.

I think human beings are special.

As far as we know we are the only animals asking these sort of questions and pondering the answers.

Yes,as far as I know, we are. Then again, as far as I know, the moon could be a man made object, the probability of it being is remote, but iv'e never been there so how can I say it is or it isn't with complete certainty?. All I have is the option to choose to believe, or not believe the claims of those that say have been there.

Posted by Anna B

We have a higher level of intelligence (hard to believe sometimes I know...) than anything else on the planet. We have transformed our environment and we can adapt brilliantly. And yes this has made us extremely arrogant.

We have a higher level of intelligence yes, but does that make us the superior?.. Intelligence counts for nothing without the aid of technology.

Posted by Anna B

Surely the fact that we are still unsure about life and death, a higher power, the meaning of it all etc. is the one mystery that tames our arrogant streak.

It should do, but unfortunately it doesn't. We have appointed ourselves with the "superior to all others title", if that's not arrogance then I don't know what is.

I have a soul, old pal.

If I know that by deliberate intent I have offended, or insulted someone, then it preys on my mind, and the day is a bad one.

It is called humanity, or the soul.

All of the things you describe are functions of your brain.

No soul required.

I have a soul, old pal.

If I know that by deliberate intent I have offended, or insulted someone,then it preys on my mind, and the day is a bad one.

It is called humanity,or the soul.

My bold

Firstly, no one is without sin, or in layman's terms.. Nobody's perfect, so no one can judge or be judged in that respect.

Furthermore, is your reason for telling me that I lack a soul due to you taking offence to what I have said to you?.. Does someone holding a view that differs to your own qualify as an insult?.. Do you truly believe that a child should have this sought of reasoning instilled into them in order to possess a soul?, if so, they would be being misguided.

By which time they will be grown up and able to think and rationalise for themselves surely.

And they will be able to 'rationalise' what true things their parents told them and what lies they told them. Do you not see the problem?

Archived