Lying to kids about heaven.. why insult their intelligence? ?

I'm happy for it not to be proven - i genuinely don't care. Am i going to heaven - i genuinely don't think it exists, but i can't prove it doesn't so i'm happy to let people believe they will go there.

Indeed, people can believe whatever they like (even if it can be disproved imo).

I'm confused as to where you're coming from now, what would you tell/have you told your children/potential future children if they asked what happens when they die?

You mean lying to kids is ok as long as it's beneficial to the parents purposes?

It's means parents ar at liberty to tell their kids whatever they wish. I couoldn't give a crap if anybody else judges that morally wrong. We tell our four year old Santa Claus comes at Christmas and we'll tell him the tooth fairy will come for his teeth if he puts them under the pillow, anybody with a moral objection can kiss by backside.

It's means parents ar at liberty to tell their kids whatever they wish. I couoldn't give a crap if anybody else judges that morally wrong. We tell our four year old Santa Claus comes at Christmas and we'll tell him the tooth fairy will come for his teeth if he puts them under the pillow, anybody with a moral objection can kiss by backside.
There are teenie weenie little lies, then there are great big wopping filthy lies. Realizing that santa and the tooth fairy don't really exist is hardly in the same league as finding out that we're actually not going to ever see mummy and daddy again.

Because life is hard enough! At least let them be innocent and free while they are little. Same goes for father christmas, tooth fairy, easter bunny e.t.c, why lie about all that stuff? It's called imagination and fun, they'll learn the sad facts of life soon enough!!

I was going to say the same - you tell them "lies" about santa, tooth fairies etc so what's the difference? My son cried his eyes out when he was 6 cause he realised that the Star Wars characters weren't real :sad: Which is why I am glad we never told him that Santa, etc was real.

I was going to say the same - you tell them "lies" about santa, tooth fairies etc so what's the difference? My son cried his eyes out when he was 6 cause he realised that the Star Wars characters weren't real :sad: Which is why I am glad we never told him that Santa, etc was real.
May the force be with him.

There are teenie weenie little lies, then there are great big wopping filthy lies. Realizing that santa and the tooth fairy don't really exist is hardly in the same league as finding out that we're actually not going to ever see mummy and daddy again.

Funnily enough there isn't much about "real life" that we keep from our four year old. He already understands death and when you die you either get buried in the ground or burnt. Never considered the heaven/hell thing.

Funnily enough there isn't much about "real life" that we keep from our four year old. He already understands death and when you die you either get buried in the ground or burnt. Never considered the heaven/hell thing.
But would you ever tell your son that he'll see you in heaven?

Indeed, people can believe whatever they like (even if it can be disproved imo).

I'm confused as to where you're coming from now, what would you tell/have you told your children/potential future children if they asked what happens when they die?

I told my child, you die, everyone cries, they bury you. What happens next depends on what you believe.

We've had family members who believed in an "ever after" and explained it to her at the time of their passing.

Never changed the story only the way it was presented as she grew up.

I told my child, you die, everyone cries, they bury you. What happens next depends on what you believe.

We've had family members who believed in an "ever after" and explained it to her at the time of their passing.

Never changed the story only the way it was presented as she grew up.

In the same respect, couldn't parents do the same when they decide to separate?. Simply tell their little ones, No No, everythings going to be fine, if you want to believe we're going to stay together then that's what will happen.

Archived