Lying to kids about heaven.. why insult their intelligence? ?

Of course it's controlling him, that's you're duty being his parent. Children can't handle being given too many choices, they prosper with stability, order and routine.

i dont think i gave him too many, he asked me a question about heaven and i told him the truth and then let him make his own mind up which he did after considering all options and all information given to him.

he has order, stability and routine that doesnt mean he cant make his own choices on some things.

i have always allowed my children too make certain decisions by themselves BUT only after i have given him plenty of information and let him see both sides and explained any possible consequences. i would not have allowed him to do this when he was lets say 5 but as hes gotten older and seemingly a bit more mature i think he can handle certain things put to him. i dont want him to be wrapped in cotton wool and not know what to do when he moves out or we die etc etc i think of it as getting him ready for the big scary world and allowing him to be an individual and not just our son.

in your reply to me you complain about parents controlling children but yet in the same breath you say children need stability, ORDER, and routine, surely these are a way of control?

How do you know?

Do you have some way of telling all this?

Yes, It's called common sense.

To compare a magicians tricks to the ending of human conciousness is a massive leap.

Maybe I should have compared it with father christmas instead.

But if you want oblivion, then it is a great disappointment you are in for.

You dont wriggle off the hook so easily.Wriggle off the hook? what are you talking about... judgement day?

SORRY IVE NOT DONE THIS FOR A WHILE.

Yes, It's called common sense.

To compare a magicians tricks to the ending of human conciousness is a massive leap.

You dont wriggle off the hook so easily.

Wriggle off the hook? what are you talking about... judgement day?

You seem very sure of your strange ideas about the end of time.

Yes, I mean judgement day, for want of a better word.

All our deeds are to be accounted for, one way or another.

How you redress this matter is your personal preference.

i dont think i gave him too many, he asked me a question about heaven and i told him the truth and then let him make his own mind up which he did after considering all options and all information given to him.

he has order, stability and routine that doesnt mean he cant make his own choices on some things.

i have always allowed my children too make certain decisions by themselves BUT only after i have given him plenty of information and let him see both sides and explained any possible consequences. i would not have allowed him to do this when he was lets say 5 but as hes gotten older and seemingly a bit more mature i think he can handle certain things put to him. i dont want him to be wrapped in cotton wool and not know what to do when he moves out or we die etc etc i think of it as getting him ready for the big scary world and allowing him to be an individual and not just our son.

in your reply to me you complain about parents controlling children but yet in the same breath you say children need stability, ORDER, and routine, surely these are a way of control?

Yes they are, that's the point I was making, you are controlling him, and you are doing nothing wrong in doing so. It's what children need... up to an extent.

Wriggle off the hook? what are you talking about... judgement day?

You seem very sure of your strange ideas about the end of time.

Yes, I mean judgement day, for want of a better word.

All our deeds are to be accounted for, one way or another.

How you redress this matter is your personal preference.

Do you in any way threaten your children with these claims of eternal damnation?

I told my child, you die, everyone cries, they bury you. What happens next depends on what you believe.

We've had family members who believed in an "ever after" and explained it to her at the time of their passing.

Never changed the story only the way it was presented as she grew up.

(My bold.)

What happens next depends on whether or not there is an afterlife. What you believe has nothing to do with it.

Yes they are, that's the point I was making, you are controlling him, and you are doing nothing wrong in doing so. It's what children need... up to an extent.

i see.............i dont agree with the controlling him bit as i see it as giving him a choice which to me is not controlling at all as controlling someone would be giving no choice at all. but im willing to agree too disagree with you on this. :D

Of course we will all be together one day.

Why tell lies about death being final.

It is merely a transitional stage between one section of infinity and another.

Dont think you get away with it as easily as dying, you have a long road to travel yet.

What leads you to these conclusions, please?

How do you know?

How do you know?

Do you in any way threaten your children with these claims of eternal damnation?

Where does eternal damnation enter into this?

You have some strange ideas in your head.

In what way is transcending into a higher plane of conciousness eternal damnation?

To sit with God is damnation?

Archived