Lying to kids about heaven.. why insult their intelligence? ?

What leads you to these conclusions, please?

My own arrogant human mind.

I cannot believe that something as great as my ego will be wasted on oblivion.

If you think so little of yourself to imagine that it all ends, then be my guest.

i see.............i dont agree with the controlling him bit as i see it as giving him a choice which to me is not controlling at all as controlling someone would be giving no choice at all. but im willing to agree too disagree with you on this. :D
I didn't mean controlling as in taking away all choice, I meant it more in terms of guidance, just basically looking out for his best interests. Untill he's capable,it is your job as parent to make the majority of decisions for him.

Where does eternal damnation enter into this?

You have some strange ideas in your head.

In what way is transcending into a higher plane of conciousness eternal damnation?

To sit with God is damnation?

If I am to be judged, as you claim to know I will be, will I not be damned for not believing?

If I am to be judged, as you claim to know I will be, will I not be damned for not believing?

Not believing in what?

You are your own judge and jury.

You know your own sins, and only you knows them.

The secrets you take to your death are your own damnation.

No one else's.

Like Marley's Ghost, you create the chain in life.

I didn't mean controlling as in taking away all choice, I meant it more in terms of guidance, just basically looking out for his best interests. Untill he's capable,it is your job as parent to make the majority of decisions for him.

ok i see what you mean, but im confussed a bit now, if they are too young or not yet capable to make decisions and/or look out for his own best interests then someone else must do this for them but your saying that we shouldnt as this is controlling?

so who should make the decisions if they are not capable?

Not believing in what?

You are your own judge and jury.

You know your own sins, and only you knows them.

The secrets you take to your death are your own damnation.

No one else's.

Like Marley's Ghost, you create the chain in life.

Not believing in what?... how can you ask me that? I am of course referring to not believing in what you believe, which I presume to be god/heaven. Also, I dont quite understand what you mean by, Quote]you are your own judge and jury.

Are you implying that on my judgement day I will meet myself, judge myself then damn myself?.

My own arrogant human mind.

Nothing of substance then.

I cannot believe that something as great as my ego will be wasted on oblivion.

I can.

If you think so little of yourself to imagine that it all ends, then be my guest.

I'll let The Rolling Stones say it for me...

"You can't always get what you want."

ok i see what you mean, but im confussed a bit now, if they are too young or not yet capable to make decisions and/or look out for his own best interests then someone else must do this for them but your saying that we shouldnt as this is controlling?

so who should make the decisions if they are not capable?

No, I haven't said we shouldn't. In response to your question (but wouldn't that be controlling, or words to that effect) I said, of course it's controlling.. "that's your duty as parent".:)

No, I haven't said we shouldn't. In response to your question (but wouldn't that be controlling, or words to that effect) I said, of course it's controlling.. "that's your duty as parent".:)

im sorry i must have miss read/ miss understood what you were sayin.

so are you saying i shouldnt give him choices but if i choose to i can as its my duty too? as to me your original op seems you were saying that we shouldnt lie and we should tell the truth which i do with my children by telling them the truth then allow them to make their own minds up but only when they get to a certain age and/or maturity.

Archived