Lying to kids about heaven.. why insult their intelligence? ?

Not believing in what?... how can you ask me that? I am of course referring to not believing in what you believe, which I presume to be god/heaven. Also, I dont quite understand what you mean by, Quote]you are your own judge and jury.

Are you implying that on my judgement day I will meet myself, judge myself then damn myself?.

You have already damned yourself.

You know your sins, however much you deny them.

Atonement will come.

What you sow, that you shall reap.

You have already damned yourself.

You know your sins, however much you deny them.

Atonement will come.

What you sow, that you shall reap.

What are my sins other than not believing in what you believe?.. Am I to be denied entry to the "next place" because I don't believe in what you believe?

What are my sins other than not believing in what you believe?.. Am I to be denied entry to the "next place" because I don't believe in what you believe?

Not by any means, if indeed such a strata of conciousness exists.

I don't know, and if I don't, then no one else does.

How can they?

I don't know what your sins are, only you know them.

I am not talking the Ten Commandments here, I mean your deep dark hidden secrets that only you know.

They are things you judge yourself on, not laid down law.

...and you could be the next piece of worm food. As far as anybody knows, that's all you have to look forward to, ego or no ego.

That is nonsense.

The body will go up in smoke, but the mind transcends and moves on.

(BTW ego in the sense I use it means self awareness, not arrogance, of which you seem to have a surfeit)

Not by any means, if indeed such a strata of conciousness exists.

I don't know, and if I don't, then no one else does.

How can they?

I don't know what your sins are, only you know them.

I am not talking the Ten Commandments here, I mean your deep dark hidden secrets that only you know.

They are things you judge yourself on, not laid down law.

There's quite a few if's to consider isn't there.

There's quite a few if's to consider isn't there.

Most certainly, It is all up to you.

Don't forget, the only place in the entire Universe that human life exists is here.

Nowhere else, any where.

There is a reason for this, as yet undiscovered.

im sorry i must have miss read/ miss understood what you were sayin.

so are you saying i shouldnt give him choices but if i choose to i can as its my duty too? as to me your original op seems you were saying that we shouldnt lie and we should tell the truth which i do with my children by telling them the truth then allow them to make their own minds up but only when they get to a certain age and/or maturity.

No, i'm not saying you shouldn't give him choices, i'm saying that "I believe" that children fair much better when they are not overwhelmed with too many choices. I am not saying that you have or do do this.:). Yes, I agree with your approach. Just tell them the truth in a way they'll understand, I totally agree with that.

Most certainly, It is all up to you.

Don't forget, the only place in the entire Universe that human life exists is here.

Nowhere else, any where.

There is reason for this,as yet undiscovered.

The probability of we being the only life in this universe is zero, the mere claim is preposterous.

My bold

:hihi:You funny!:hihi:

The only certainty on this thread is that Artisan is talking utter tosh. Especially the part about ego :P

And about sins and being judged... Reap what you sew my ass - that's yet another method of control!

Be good or you'll spend Eternity in Hell!

/sigh

Archived