My dad died,mums on benefit,social wont help with funeral cost

My father died last month(07 june)we had to go to a money lender for the deposit for the funeral(Dad couldnt get insured because of ill health)Now the social have told her they wont pay the out standing bill because my father clamed benefit in his name(for her)what shall we do?Any suggestions?only nice replys please.:confused:

i go to CAB they will help you

I second that. Your local CAB will advise what course of action is in your best interest. That will be a weight off your mind at such a difficult time.

My condolences, and good luck.

My father died last month(07 june)we had to go to a money lender for the deposit for the funeral(Dad couldnt get insured because of ill health)Now the social have told her they wont pay the out standing bill because my father clamed benefit in his name(for her)what shall we do?Any suggestions?only nice replys please.:confused:

log onto the dwp website http://www.direct.gov.uk find the social fund link this will lead you to the claim for funeral expenses from the social fund down load the form and send to the local jobseekers office, hope this is of use

phil

Archived