Foxes- let live, or controlled killing?

There is also an issue of human stupidity. I saw a recent Sky documentary called "Urban Fox Attack" where people were attempting to tame the fox. It even got to a point where people were leaving cake out because "it was their birthday". It is hard to be suprised that foxes are losing their inhibitions towards us when certain people treat them in such a ludicrous manner.

Exactley my opinion. I saw the programme about the twins, I still don't know whether they fed the fox before or whether they even kept it as a pet! Nobody knows for a fact.

However, they did show a school on the programme, the teachers openly said that a Fox was living under one of the classrooms and they always thought it was harmless, so they fed it and left it where it was. It was only when a little boy decided to pull the foxes tail that it turned and bit the boy.

A Fox expert was on and said the Fox only warned the boy off, if it wanted to hurt the boy it would have been able to bite his arm off!

People need educating on wild animals.

I think my point was that we have to consider taking sensible steps and precautions when we come into contact with wild and potentially dangerous animals rather than automatically resorting to a large-scale culling of animals.

There's a sensible, practical way of reducing the urban fox threat and that is to take better care of your neighbourhood and reduce their food supply. If your neighbourhood has a fox threat it is due to the behaviour of people in that neighbourhood disposing of food waste in the street, change their behaviour and the fox will be forced to move away.

Why don't we appoint the status symbol pit pull owners to keep the fox numbers down. They could zap around on their motor bikes with a youngster sat on the handle bars, and pit bull in tow, shouting tally oh old sport.. spiffing morning innit!:hihi:

Its not 1 attack though (How common are fox attacks on humans?)

You stretch the truth like Rick Waller stretches underpant elastic.

Urban wildlife expert John Bryant said such an attack was extremely rare.

"I have only ever heard of two cases in my 40 years of dealing with foxes, one of which turned out to be a German Shepherd and the other a cat," he said.

From your own source.

You stretch the truth like Rick Waller stretches underpant elastic.

Urban wildlife expert John Bryant said such an attack was extremely rare.

"I have only ever heard of two cases in my 40 years of dealing with foxes, one of which turned out to be a German Shepherd and the other a cat," he said.

From your own source.

How did I stretch the truth? I said there has not been just 1 attack and from the linked article there has been more. The last time I checked, 2 was more than 1 in fact its 100% more then 1 and this is from one person’s experience. Is he the ONLY person we count? Should all statistics be down to one person’s experience?

:roll:

You can't put a silly red coat on and chase sharks on horseback with your posh mates either.

And here is the real reason why fox hunting was banned. It had nothing to do with animal welfare and everything to do with misunderstood class envy that makes those who portray it look rather stupid.

if they become a problem.......cull them

1 child attack is NOT a problem

2 attacks, but still the sentiment is the same. There is little reason to cull urban foxes as yet.

having rich <removed> riding around on horseback chasing them with dogs is NOT a valid way of culling them

More class envy :roll:

As I have stated before. I am neither rich or posh and I have participated in a fox hunt.

Secondly, the ONLY method of culling foxes that has been openly endorsed and considered humane is hunting with hounds. If you can list alternative methods that do not cause more suffering to the animal, please do so.

2 attacks, but still the sentiment is the same. There is little reason to cull urban foxes as yet.

More class envy :roll:

As I have stated before. I am neither rich or posh and I have participated in a fox hunt.

Secondly, the ONLY method of culling foxes that has been openly endorsed and considered humane is hunting with hounds. If you can list alternative methods that do not cause more suffering to the animal, please do so.

i still want to know how ripping a fox apart and parading the body around is more humane than other forms such as shooting, traps and gassing?

Guest sibon
And here is the real reason why fox hunting was banned. It had nothing to do with animal welfare and everything to do with misunderstood class envy that makes those who portray it look rather stupid.

No class envy from me serapis. Simply revulsion that you think that tearing around the country hunting wild animals with vicious dogs is a reasonable pastime. That is the real reason it was banned.

Fox hunting has rightly been consigned to the same bin of shame that contains **** fighting and badger baiting.

Archived